Date / Time:
- Call to Order
- Roll Call
- Concerns from the Floor
- Intent to Raise Questions
- Adoption of Agenda for Thursday, March 21, 2019
- Adoption of Minutes for Thursday, February 7, 2019
- Public Forum: This time is allotted to members of the public to address the council.
Reports (3 minutes each)
- Vice President for Academic Governance
- Academic Senators
- Committee Representatives
- Advisement Checklist - ASI Senator Diana Chavez will lead the conversation about the potential academic advisement checklist.
- 15 to Finish Campaign - ASI Senator Diana Chavez will lead the conversation about the campaign and whether the name should be changed to be more student oriented.
- Student Fee Report - The Vice President for Finance will lead the Council through an overview of the student fee report of the 2018-2019 academic year.
- VPAG Committee Report - The Council will review and discuss the content of the VPAG's committee report.
Regularly Meets On:
The purpose and function of the Shared Governance Council (SGC) of the Associated Students, Inc. (ASI) of California State University, Los Angeles.
- A. Review, research and make recommendations on, but not limited to, Academic and Administrative policy affecting students.
- B. Maintain active communication to the student body regarding but not limited to Academic and Administrative Affairs by creating resolutions, white papers, utilizing media outlets etc.
- C. Work with all appropriate areas in order to ensure that genuine Shared Governance is being upheld between students, faculty, and administration. These areas include but are not limited to: ASI College Representatives, Department Chairs, Students, etc.
- D. Create annual assessments for the student success fee and any student fee the council deems appropriate to ensure effective and ethical use of student fees.
- E. Create assessments ascertaining the quality of service offered to students that the council finds appropriate.
What is the composition of the SGC?
Shared Governance Council membership:
- A. Vice President for Academic Governance (VPAG) (chair, non-voting)
- B. ASI Academic Senators (3 Undergraduates, 2 Post -Baccalaureates) (one of which shall be appointed vice-chair at the first or second meeting of the SGC)
- C. Student Representatives appointed by the BOD to all University and Academic Senate Committees and Subcommittees
- D. All official ASI Board members that are required to sit on a University or Academic Senate Committee or Subcommittee
- E. Faculty Appointee (one faculty member selected by the Committee on Committees of the Academic Senate, non-voting committee advisor)
- F. The Provost or the Provost's designee (non-voting committee advisor)