Date / Time:
- Call to Order
- Roll Call (Establishment of Quorum)
- Approval of Agenda for Friday, August 30, 2019
- Approval of Minutes for Friday, April 26, 2019
- Approval of Funding Committee Report for Friday, August 23, 2019
Public Comment: This time is allotted for the public to address the committee regarding items not included on the meeting agenda. Speaker cards are available for those wanting to speak on agenda items as listed below. Those comments will be heard as the item is introduced.
- Policy 201 - Finance Committee Code of Procedure: The committee will review the Finance Committee Code of Procedure and discuss best practices.
- Policy 214 - Travel Policy: The committee will review proposed edits based on University changes to travel.
- Policy 221 - Front Desk Locker Rental Procedures: The committee will review possible edits to rental and coverage period for locker rentals.
- Procedure Manual: The committee will review the new entries to the Procedure Manual to continue separating policy from procedure.
- ASI Book Voucher: The committee will revisit the new guidelines for the book voucher.
- ASI Referendum: The committee will receive and update on the current status of the referendum and the timeline.
- 3&9 Budget Review Prep: The committee will be informed of the 3&9 budget quarterly review process.
- ASI Vice President for Finance: Christopher Koo
Regularly Meets On:
The Finance Committees acts on behalf of the BOD in all matters pertaining to income appropriation, and the safeguarding of Associated Students, Inc. funds. The Finance Committee makes recommendations to the Board of Directors regarding allocation of funds. The committee also prepares an annual budget which must be submitted to the Associated Students, Inc. BOD in sufficient time for review and approval in accordance with Article VI, Section 4 of these Bylaws. The Finance Committee also has the responsibility for recommending the most appropriate investments.
What is the composition of the Finance Committee?
- The Finance Committee is composed of 14 voting members and 4 non-voting members. You may use this application to apply for the following positions:
- ASI Vice Chair for Finance (V.C.F.)
- Four student (recommended by the V.P. for Finance to the ASI President with a simple majority consent of the BOD)
What does the Finance Committee do?
It shall be the purpose and function of the Finance Committee to:
- Make recommendations to the BOD regarding allocation of funds.
- Prepare an annual budget which must be submitted to the Associated Students, Inc. B.O.D. in sufficient time for review and approval in accordance with Article VI, Section 4 of the Bylaws.
- Develop a balanced ASI Annual Budget for approval by both the B.O.D., and the University President no less than sixty (60) days prior to the end of the fiscal year.
Duties and Responsibilities
For more information go to our website Finance Policies and Procedures 200-225 and review Policy 201 Finance Committee Code of Procedure.