Date / Time:
I. Organizational Items
A. Call to Order
B. Roll Call
C. Concerns from the Floor
D. Adoption of Agenda for Thursday, September 3, 2020
E. Adoption of Minutes for Thursday, October 24, 2019
II. Public Comment: This time is allotted for the public to address the council regarding items not included on the meeting agenda.
III. Reports (3 minutes each)
A. Vice President for Academic Governance
B. Academic Senators
C. Committee Representatives
IV. Action Item
A. Nomination and Appointment of a Vice Chair - The committee will nominate and appoint a Vice Chair to the committee.
V. Discussion Items
A. Policy 023 - Shared Governance Council Code of Procedures - The committee will review the Code of Procedures for Shared Governance.
VI. Information Items
A. Shared Governance Strategic Planning- The VPAG will introduce a strategic plan for the SGC unit to follow the trends of student representation.
Regularly Meets On:
The purpose and function of the Shared Governance Council (SGC) of the Associated Students, Inc. (ASI) of California State University, Los Angeles.
- A. Review, research and make recommendations on, but not limited to, Academic and Administrative policy affecting students.
- B. Maintain active communication to the student body regarding but not limited to Academic and Administrative Affairs by creating resolutions, white papers, utilizing media outlets etc.
- C. Work with all appropriate areas in order to ensure that genuine Shared Governance is being upheld between students, faculty, and administration. These areas include but are not limited to: ASI College Representatives, Department Chairs, Students, etc.
- D. Create annual assessments for the student success fee and any student fee the council deems appropriate to ensure effective and ethical use of student fees.
- E. Create assessments ascertaining the quality of service offered to students that the council finds appropriate.
What is the composition of the SGC?
Shared Governance Council membership:
- A. Vice President for Academic Governance (VPAG) (chair, non-voting)
- B. ASI Academic Senators (3 Undergraduates, 2 Post -Baccalaureates) (one of which shall be appointed vice-chair at the first or second meeting of the SGC)
- C. Student Representatives appointed by the BOD to all University and Academic Senate Committees and Subcommittees
- D. All official ASI Board members that are required to sit on a University or Academic Senate Committee or Subcommittee
- E. Faculty Appointee (one faculty member selected by the Committee on Committees of the Academic Senate, non-voting committee advisor)
- F. The Provost or the Provost's designee (non-voting committee advisor)