Date / Time:
I. Organizational Items
A. Call to Order
B. Roll Call
C. Approval of the Agenda for 9/17/21
D. Approval of the Minutes for 5/7/21
II. Public Forum: This time is allotted for the public to address the Bylaws and Codes of Procedure Committee regarding items not included on the meeting agenda.
III. Discussion Items:
A. Introduction of committee members: the committee members will acquaint themselves with one another.
B. Committee roles and duties: the committee will discuss the various tasks and duties of its members.
C. Robert's rules: the committee will discuss rules of order and parliamentarianism.
D. Policy/procedure restructure: the committee will discuss the policy and procedure restructuring project, using the Elections policy as an example.
IV. Action Items:
A. Select a vice-chair: the committee will select a Vice Chair.
A. Chief Justice – Sasha Prakir
B. Associate Justice – Alex Sherzai
C. Associate Justice – Daniel Gonzalez
D. Student-at-Large – Luke Villarama
E. Elections and Outreach Commissioner – Eric Piccolotti
F. University President Designee
Regularly Meets On:
The Bylaws and Codes of Procedure Committee of the Associated Students, Incorporated (ASI) of California State University, Los Angeles. It shall be the purpose and function of the Bylaws and Codes of Procedure Committee to ensure that the governing documents, policies and procedures of ASI are in compliance with Title V of the Administrative Code of the State of California, Policy and Directives of the Board of Trustees of the California State University, Policies of the CSLA, the Articles of Incorporation, and the Bylaws.
What is the composition of the ASI Bylaws and Codes of Procedure Committee?
The Bylaws and Codes of Procedure Committee shall be composed of 7 voting and 3 non-voting members.
- The entire membership of the Judicial Review Committee as delineated in the ASI Bylaws (4 voting, 2 alternate)
- The ASI Elections & Orientation Commissioner
- A member of the BOD appointed by the ASI President with a simple majority consent of the BOD
- One student recommended by the Chief Justice to the ASI President with a simple majority consent of the BOD
- ASI Executive Director (non-voting)
- University President or designee (non-voting)
- ASI Senior Coordinator of Student Engagement & Outreach (non-voting)