Regularly Meets On:
Meets as Needed
*Please check meeting list to confirm times and locations
The University Alcohol and Drug Awareness Committee studies programs, recommends policy and serves as the principal advisory body to the President on matters pertaining to alcohol and other drug substance use awareness and education. The Committee will focus on goals and recommend programs and initiatives designed to promote alcohol education and comprehensive alcohol policies that are consistent with the mission of the University. The Committee will assess campus programs and review policies regularly to comply with federal and state laws.
- Review, evaluate and recommend policies and educational programs pertaining to alcohol and drug substance use awareness.
- Collaborate with campus and community constituents to evaluate and advise on research‐based programs aimed at high-risk behaviors.
- Support prevention programming on alcohol and other drugs.
- Foster safety and wellness.
- Promote the development of alcohol free evening and weekend programming on campus for students.
- Assist in the monitoring of alcohol beverage industry funding and sponsorship of institutional and student‐sponsored events.
- Recommend adoption of policies regarding the use of alcoholic beverage trademarks, logos and imagery on campus.
- Review state and federal laws and make recommendations for any changes to campus policies.
- Dean of Students
- Representatives from the Faculty
- Student Life
- Student Conduct
- Student Support
- Fraternity & Sorority Life
- Center for Student Involvement
- Housing Services
- Administration and Finance
- Counseling Center
- Student Health Center
- Public Safety
- ASI and University‐Student Union
Last modified on October 26, 2022