Date / Time:
I. Organizational Items:
- a. Call to Order
- b. Roll Call
- c. Adoption of agenda for Thursday, July 6, 2017
d. Adoption of Minutes for Thursday, May 4, 2017
e. Approval of the Minutes for Thursday, June 22, 2017
II. Public Forum:
- a. This time is allotted to members of the public to address the board.
III. Standing Action Items:
a. Appointment for Vacant A.S.I. and Campus Committee Positions - Board of Directors will appoint individuals to the following vacant A.S.I. and student committee positions.
- i. A.S.I. Board of Director Appointment(s)
- ii. A.S.I. Associated Justice Appointment(s)
- iii. A.S.I. Commissioner Appointment(s)
- iv. A.S.I. Vice Chair for Finance
- v. Internal Committee Appointment(s)
vi. University Wide Committee Appointment(s)
- a. A.S.I President: David Zitser
- b. A.S.I Vice President for Administration: David Garcia
- c. A.S.I Vice President for Academic Governance: Neyda Umana
- d. A.S.I Vice President for Finance: Aaron Castaneda
- e. A.S.I. Vice President for External Affairs and Advancement: Marcos Montes
- f. A.S.I Secretary/ Treasurer: Jazmin Ortiz
- g. A.S.I. Board of Directors
- h. A.S.I. Staff : Intef W. Weser and Marcus Rodriguez
- i. University Designee: Dr. Jennifer Miller, Dean of Students
V. Special Presentation:
a. Presentation regarding the Anna Bing Arnold Children Center: The Board will receive a historic review of A.S.I. support for the Children's Center via referendum.
- i. Requested change on the 2017/2018 Proposed Operating Budget: The Board of Directors will discuss a request made by University President Covino regarding the funding allocated toward the Anna Bing Arnold Children Center.
- a. MGO - Audit and Financial Statement Update - The committee will review the timeline for the audit of A.S.I. Financial Statements year ending June 30, 2017.
b. The Student Ambassador Positions - The Board will discuss the emergence of the Advisement & Recruitment Ambassador Positions.
- c. Committee Membership Overview - The Board will review the vacant committee positions and discuss director expectations.
- d. CSSA Plenary - The Board will discuss the possibility of hosting a CSSA meeting at Cal State LA
- e. Summer Training and Meeting Calendar Review - The Board will review the training and meeting calendar.
- f. A.S.I. Initiative Brainstorm 2017-18 - The Board will brainstorm initiatives to consider and focus on for this year.
VII. Old Business:
VIII. Information Items:
|Ambassador Recruitment 17-18 - Position description -Info Sheet Rev 06072017 (002)||53.34 KB|
|Jazmin Ortiz_ST_Biweekly Report||228.72 KB|
|Dvid Garcia VPA Biweekly Report 1||221.59 KB|
|David Zitser President Biweekly Report 7.6.17||226.67 KB|
|Neyda Umana - VPAG 7-3-17 Biweekly Report||223.49 KB|
|Aaron Castaneda Biweekly June 22-July 6||241.43 KB|
|Application Packet 7.6.17.pdf||562.85 KB|
|Applicant List 7.6.17.pdf||184.27 KB|
|BOD Minutes 6.22.17.pdf||231.09 KB|
|A.S.I. EO for Referenda of 88 and 96||343.35 KB|
|Updated A.S.I. Funding Pattern for Childrens Center Budget Numbers||104.6 KB|
|A.S.I. EO 369 Memoorandum and Supporting Exhibits||1.12 MB|
|Childrens Center A.S.I. Proposal 2017-18 final-all2||594.76 KB|
Regularly Meets On:
The purposes and function of the Board of Directors (BOD) shall:
- Act as a governing board for the ASI
- Act as a steward to the student funds
- Act as a learning laboratory for student leadership
The Board of Directors shall consist of the following directors elected by the Cal State LA student body, as specified in Article IV of the ASI Bylaws.
- ASI President
- ASI Vice President for Administration (VPA)
- ASI Vice President for Finance (VPF)
- ASI Vice President for Academic Governance (VPAG)
- ASI Vice President for External Affairs and Advancement (VPEAA)
- ASI Secretary/Treasurer
- ASI Diversity and Inclusion Officer - Representative-at-Large
- ASI Civic Engagement Officer - Representative-at-Large
- Two (2) College of Arts & Letters Representatives
- Two (2) College of Business & Economics Representatives
- Two (2) Charter College of Education Representatives
- Two (2) College of Engineering, Computer Science, & Technology Representatives
- Two (2) Rongxiang Xu College of Health & Human Services Representatives
- Two (2) College of Natural & Social Sciences Representatives
For more information regarding the role and function of the Board of Directors please review Policy 002 - Board of Directors Code of Procedure via this LINK.