Date / Time:
I. Organizational Items (5 minutes):
- a. Call to Order
- b. Roll Call
- c. Adoption of Agenda for Tuesday, April 3, 2018
- d. Adoption of minutes for Tuesday, March 20, 2018
II. Public Forum/Announcement (5 minutes):
- a. This time is allotted for members of the public or representatives to make announcements to the executive committee members
- a. ASI Full-Time/Part-Time/Student Assistant Salary Review- The committee will review staff salary and benefit projections for next year. CLOSED SESSION (15 minutes)
- b. Status Transition Discussion of the Administrative Assistant to the Executive Director - the committee will discuss moving the position from part-time to fulltime along with the financial implications by May 1, 2018. CLOSED SESSION (5 minutes)
IV. Discussion Items:
a. Time on Essential Tasks - The Personnel Committee will review the "Time on Essential Tasks List"
- i. Staff Workflow - The Personnel Committee will develop possible recommendations to have more efficient Staff Workflow. (10 minutes)
- b. Transition Discussion regarding the Administrative Assistant to the Executive Director - the committee will discuss moving the position from part-time to fulltime' (10 minutes)
c. Staff Project Lists - The Personnel Committee will review the Project Lists of the ASI Staff. (10 minutes)
- a. ASI VP for Administration: Marcial Romero
- b. ASI Executive Director : Intef W. Weser
The Personnel Committee shall act on behalf of the BOD in all matters concerning employees of the corporation. Such actions shall be in accordance with Title V of the Administrative Code of the State of California, Policies and Directives of the Board of Trustees of the California State University and Colleges, Policies of the University, the Articles of Incorporation, and the ASI Bylaws.
The Personnel Committee makes recommendations to the BOD regarding hiring employees, dismissing employees, establishing policies regarding employee benefits, responsibilities, compensation, and grievance procedures.
The Personnel Committee shall make annual recommendations to the BOD on personnel matters involving any changes in the level of budgetary support. The Personnel Committee shall conduct, on a semi-annual basis, a review of the performances of the full-time employees.
The Personnel Committee shall be composed of eight (8) voting and five (5) non-voting members.
- A. ASI Vice President for Administration, who shall serve as chair
- B. ASI President
- C. ASI Vice President for Academic Governance
- D. ASI Vice President for Finance
- E. ASI Vice President for External Affairs and Advancement
- F. ASI Secretary/Treasurer
- G. Two (2) members of the BOD appointed by the ASI President with a simple majority consent of the BOD
- H. ASI Executive Director (non-voting)
- I. ASI Director of Government Affairs & Leadership Programs (non-voting)
- J. ASI Office Manager for Administration and Services (recording secretary) (non-voting)
- K. A representative from the University's Office of Human Resources Management (non-voting)
- L. University President or designee (non-voting)