Date / Time:
I. Organizational Items:
- a. Call to Order
- b. Roll Call
- c. Adoption of Agenda for Tuesday, April 17, 2018
d. Approval of Minutes for Tuesday, April 3, 2018
II. Public Forum/Announcement:
- a. This time is allotted for members of the public or representatives to make announcements to the executive committee members
III. Standing Discussion Items:
- a. BOD Agenda - The committee will discuss potential agenda items for the next BOD.
- a. Appointment Process - The Executive committee will brainstorm ideas to better streamline the appointment process of ASI.
- b. Continuity - The Executive Committee will discuss the transitioning process from one administration to the next.
- c. Community Letter in Support of Naim Reese - The Executive Committee will discuss next steps in supporting Naim Reese
- d. Executive Workflow Proposal - The Executive Committee will discuss the feedback on the Executive Workflow Proposal given at the Board of Directors
e. End of the Year Award Ceremony - The Executive Committee will discuss possible awards to distribute during the End-of-the-Year Award Ceremony
- f. Chief of Staff Restructure - The Executive Committee will discuss the Chief of Staff Restructure Proposal
- a. ASI President: David Zitser
- b. ASI Vice President for Administration: Marcial Romero
- c. ASI Vice President for Finance: Aaron Castaneda
- d. ASI Vice President for Academic Governance: Neyda Umana
- e. ASI Vice President for External Affairs and Advancement: Marcos Montes
- f. ASI Secretary & Treasurer: Jazmin Ortiz
- g. ASI Chief Justice: Jeovany Aguilar
- h. ASI Board of Directors: Lavernis Martin
- i. ASI Staff: Intef W. Weser and Marcus Rodriguez
- j. University Designee: Dr. Jennifer Miller, Dean of Students
|End of the Year award proposal||13.86 KB|
|New Appointment Proposal 4.17.18||12.46 KB|
|Executive Committee Meeting 4.3.18 Minutes (Draft)||110.37 KB|
The Executive Committee coordinates the information, programs, projects, and problems to be considered by the Associated Students, Inc. Board of Directors. The Executive Committee shall also provide general policy guidelines, and make specific policy decisions, in place of the entire Board of Directors only when the BOD cannot be called together to act on an emergency matter.
All policy decisions of the Executive Committee shall be reported to the BOD and may be overturned by a two-thirds (2/3) vote of the BOD present at the meeting.
The Executive Committee shall be composed of eight (8) voting and four (4) non-voting members.
- A. ASI President, who shall serve as chair
- B. ASI Vice President for Administration, who shall serve as vice-chair
- C. ASI Vice President for Finance
- D. ASI Vice President for Academic Governance
- E. ASI Vice President for External Affairs and Advancement (VPEAA)
- F. ASI Secretary/Treasurer
- G. Three (3) members of the BOD appointed by the ASI President with a simple majority consent
- of the BOD
- G. ASI Executive Director (non-voting)
- H. ASI Assistant Director (recording secretary) (non-voting)
- I. ASI Director of Programs and Leadership (non-voting)
- J. University President or designee (non-voting)