Date / Time:
Thursday, March 8, 2018 - 3:15pm to 4:30pm
U-SU Board Rm 303 AB
|SGC Agenda 3.8.18||173.26 KB|
|Student Health Center Fee Recommendation from Student Fee Policy Advisory Committee||55.21 KB|
|Committee Report Flow Chart||64.17 KB|
|Student Success Fee Report||211.12 KB|
|A Resolution in Support of Shared Governance on Campus||115.33 KB|
|Strategic Plan Presentation for Committee Members||367.16 KB|
Last modified on May 10, 2018
Regularly Meets On:
Five Thursday's a Semester 3pm - 4:30pm
Please check our meeting calendar for the next meeting
*Please check meeting list to confirm times and locations
The purpose and function of the Shared Governance Council (SGC) of the Associated Students, Inc. (ASI) of California State University, Los Angeles.
- A. Review, research and make recommendations on, but not limited to, Academic and Administrative policy affecting students.
- B. Maintain active communication to the student body regarding but not limited to Academic and Administrative Affairs by creating resolutions, white papers, utilizing media outlets etc.
- C. Work with all appropriate areas in order to ensure that genuine Shared Governance is being upheld between students, faculty, and administration. These areas include but are not limited to: ASI College Representatives, Department Chairs, Students, etc.
- D. Create annual assessments for the student success fee and any student fee the council deems appropriate to ensure effective and ethical use of student fees.
- E. Create assessments ascertaining the quality of service offered to students that the council finds appropriate.
What is the composition of the SGC?
Shared Governance Council membership:
- A. Vice President for Academic Governance (VPAG) (chair, non-voting)
- B. ASI Academic Senators (3 Undergraduates, 2 Post -Baccalaureates) (one of which shall be appointed vice-chair at the first or second meeting of the SGC)
- C. Student Representatives appointed by the BOD to all University and Academic Senate Committees and Subcommittees
- D. All official ASI Board members that are required to sit on a University or Academic Senate Committee or Subcommittee
- E. Faculty Appointee (one faculty member selected by the Committee on Committees of the Academic Senate, non-voting committee advisor)
- F. The Provost or the Provost's designee (non-voting committee advisor)
Last modified on September 10, 2020