Date / Time:
I. Organizational Items
a. Call to Order
b. Roll Call (Establishment of Quorum)
c. Approval of Agenda for Friday, November 17, 2017
d. Approval of Minutes for Friday, October 27, 2017
e. Approval of Minutes for Friday, September 1, 2017
f. Approval of Funding Committee Report for Friday, November 3, 2017
II. Public Forum - Alloted time for members of the pulic to address the committee.
III. Action Items: Funding Requests:
a. Forensic Speech and Debate - Frolic at Ohio State University - 12/02/17 - $3,000.00
b. Kalahi: Filipino American Student Org. - Porto's Fundraiser - 11/21/20147 - $193.39
c. Society for the Advancement of Mesoamerican Studies - Meso Society Fundraiser - 11/21/2017 - $ 120.95
d. Geosciences Club - Mineral Sale - 11/27/2017 - $360.00
e. LASABA - Guest Speaker: Dr. Thomas Higbee - 12/8/2017 - $ 140.97
f. School Psychology Student Association - NASP Convention - 10/28/2017- $ 3,000.00
g. Student Nurses Association - Pizza Fundraiser - 11/20/2017- $2,361.04
h. CSULA Formula SAE - Formula SAE Lincoln - 6/18-6/25 (2018) - $3,000.00
i. Association of Student Anthropologists - ASA Fundraiser - 11/28/17 - $ 140.22
j. Society of Hispanic Engineering and Science Students - Star Wars Episode 8: The Last Jedi-Advanced Screening - 12/14/17 - $2,200.00
k. Geosciences Club - Member Celebration/Rope Course - 12/13/17 - $1,172.06
l. Geosciences Club - General Meeting & T-Shirts - 11/29/2017 - $356.70
m. Early Entrance Program Club - National Cashew $ Espresso Day Fundraiser - 11/28/2017 - $478.97
n. C.A.E.S.A.R. - Climate Change Education Exposition - 11/29/2017 - $1,691.41
o. Hispanic Business Society - Corporate Day - 2/10/17 - $1,210.45
p. Global Brigades - Global Brigades Porto's Fundraiser - 11/27, 28, 29, 30 (2017) - $394.65
q. AUV - 21st International RoboSub Competition - 7/30-8/5 (2018) - $2,703.00
r. S.U.R.G.E. - Culminating Ceremony - 11/30/2017 - $500.00
s. AAAE of CSULA Student Chapter - 58th Annual Airport Management Short Course - 01/28-31/2018 - $1,888.00
IV. Old Business
a. Action Item: Priorities Draft proposals: The committee will take action on proposals submitted within the priority deadline.
- 2017-18 BUDGET PRIORITY FUNDING REVIEW SHEET
- Copy of 2017-18 BUDGET PRIORITY FUNDING REVIEW SHEET
- 2017-18 BUDGET PRIORITY FUNDING REVIEW SHEET (2)
- 2017-18 BUDGET PRIORITY FUNDING REVIEW SHEET (3)
b. Action Item: Budget Priorities Draft proposals: The committee will take action on proposals submitted after the priority deadline.
V. New Business
a. Referendum Fee analysis: The committee review the refernendum fee numbers presented from a recommendation from the Alternative Funding and Referendum Ad Hoc Committee.
a. A.S.I. Vice President for Finance: Aaron Castaneda
Regularly Meets On:
The Finance Committees acts on behalf of the BOD in all matters pertaining to income appropriation, and the safeguarding of Associated Students, Inc. funds. The Finance Committee makes recommendations to the Board of Directors regarding allocation of funds. The committee also prepares an annual budget which must be submitted to the Associated Students, Inc. BOD in sufficient time for review and approval in accordance with Article VI, Section 4 of these Bylaws. The Finance Committee also has the responsibility for recommending the most appropriate investments.
What is the composition of the Finance Committee?
- The Finance Committee is composed of 14 voting members and 4 non-voting members. You may use this application to apply for the following positions:
- ASI Vice Chair for Finance (V.C.F.)
- Four student (recommended by the V.P. for Finance to the ASI President with a simple majority consent of the BOD)
What does the Finance Committee do?
It shall be the purpose and function of the Finance Committee to:
- Make recommendations to the BOD regarding allocation of funds.
- Prepare an annual budget which must be submitted to the Associated Students, Inc. B.O.D. in sufficient time for review and approval in accordance with Article VI, Section 4 of the Bylaws.
- Develop a balanced ASI Annual Budget for approval by both the B.O.D., and the University President no less than sixty (60) days prior to the end of the fiscal year.
Duties and Responsibilities
For more information go to our website Finance Policies and Procedures 200-225 and review Policy 201 Finance Committee Code of Procedure.