Date / Time:
I. Organizational Items
- a. Call to Order
- b. Roll Call (Establishment of Quorum)
- c. Approval of Agenda for Friday, February 02, 2018
- d. Approval of Minutes for Friday, November 17, 2017
- e. Approval of Funding Committee Report for Friday, November 03, 2017
- f. Approval of Funding Committee Report for Friday, November 17, 2017
- g. Approval of Funding Committee Report for Friday, January 26, 2018
II. Public Forum - Allotted time for members of the public to address the committee.
III. New Business
a. Policy Review
- 1. Policy 212: Budgetary Control
IV. Discussion Items
- a. Budget 2018-2019 Timeline UPDATED
- b. ASI December Financial Statements (unaudited) for December 2017
- c. 2017-2018 6&6 Budget Review Operating Budget - Admin
- d. 2017-18 6&6 Proposed Operating Budget - VPF
- a. A.S.I. Vice President for Finance: Aaron Castaneda
|Finance Committee Meeting Minutes - 11.17.17||366.13 KB|
|Funding Meeting Report - 11.03.17||176.62 KB|
|Funding Meeting Report - 11.17.17||176.07 KB|
|Funding Meeting Report - 01.26.18||130.59 KB|
|Policy 212 Finance - Budgetary Control Edits||110.54 KB|
|2017-18 6&6 Budget Review Operating Budget - Admin||65.61 KB|
|2017-18 6&6 Proposed Operating Budget - VPF||66.96 KB|
|Budget 2018-2019 Timeline UPDATED||97.97 KB|
Regularly Meets On:
The Finance Committees acts on behalf of the BOD in all matters pertaining to income appropriation, and the safeguarding of Associated Students, Inc. funds. The Finance Committee makes recommendations to the Board of Directors regarding allocation of funds. The committee also prepares an annual budget which must be submitted to the Associated Students, Inc. BOD in sufficient time for review and approval in accordance with Article VI, Section 4 of these Bylaws. The Finance Committee also has the responsibility for recommending the most appropriate investments.
What is the composition of the Finance Committee?
- The Finance Committee is composed of 14 voting members and 4 non-voting members. You may use this application to apply for the following positions:
- ASI Vice Chair for Finance (V.C.F.)
- Four student (recommended by the V.P. for Finance to the ASI President with a simple majority consent of the BOD)
What does the Finance Committee do?
It shall be the purpose and function of the Finance Committee to:
- Make recommendations to the BOD regarding allocation of funds.
- Prepare an annual budget which must be submitted to the Associated Students, Inc. B.O.D. in sufficient time for review and approval in accordance with Article VI, Section 4 of the Bylaws.
- Develop a balanced ASI Annual Budget for approval by both the B.O.D., and the University President no less than sixty (60) days prior to the end of the fiscal year.
Duties and Responsibilities
For more information go to our website Finance Policies and Procedures 200-225 and review Policy 201 Finance Committee Code of Procedure.
External Organization & Departments
ASI currently offers university support funds to Anna Bing Arnold Children's Center, EOP (Educational Opportunity Program), Golden Eagle Radio, EPIC (Educational Participation in Communities), Dreamers Center, U-Pass Metro Program, and Veterans Resource Center. Click below to learn out more about the Funding and Budgeting for External Organizations & Departments over $3,000 here.