Date / Time:
I. Organizational Items
a. Call to Order
b. Roll Call (Establishment of Quorum)
c. Approval of Agenda for Friday, March 2, 2018
d. Approval of Minutes for Friday, February 16, 2018
e. Approval of Funding Committee Report for Friday, February 23, 2018
II. Public Forum - Allotted time for members of the public to address the committee.
III. New Business
a. Action Item: Autonomous Underwater Vehicle - Spring Building Event - 3/1/2018 - $3,000
i. The committee will discuss and review policy edits recommended by the ASI President and Executive Director.
c. University Support Presentation Schedule:
2:20pm- Food Pantry
2:30pm - Dreamers Resource Center
2:40pm - EPIC
2:50pm - Anna Bing Arnold Children's Center
3:00pm - Veterans Resource Center
3:10pm - Golden Eagle Radio
3:20pm - EOP
- 3:30pm - Public Safety: U-Pass Program
d. Action Item: Proposal for LIT College Tour
- The committee will discuss and possibly take action on a proposal submitted by David Zitser.
IV. Discussion Items
a. University Support Area Discussion: The committee will discuss and give opinions on the recent presentations of University Support Areas.
b. Strategic Planning Initiatives: The committee will review a draft of the strategic initiatives and look for ways the possibly be implemented in the Finance Committee.
a. A.S.I. Vice President for Finance: Aaron Castaneda
|2018-19 VRC Funding Proposal||144.67 KB|
|Anna Bing ASI Proposal and Budget 18'19||475.93 KB|
|ASI Proposal 2018 u-pass-pp.pdf||1022.16 KB|
|Dreamers Resource Center Proposal for ASI Funding 2018 2019||59.95 KB|
|EOP ASI Yr End Report_2017-18 and Proposal 2018-19||242.63 KB|
|EPIC Program- ASI Funding Proposal and Fund Allocation Highlights 2018-19||624.52 KB|
|Food Pantry ASI Funding Proposal||211.8 KB|
|GER Proposal 2018-2019||3.54 MB|
|Autonomous Underwater Vehicle (REV) - 03.01.2018.pdf||5.66 MB|
|Funding Committee Report 02.23.18||134.82 KB|
|ASI Proposal for 2018 LA LIT Rev 2-1-18||45.14 KB|
Regularly Meets On:
The Finance Committees acts on behalf of the BOD in all matters pertaining to income appropriation, and the safeguarding of Associated Students, Inc. funds. The Finance Committee makes recommendations to the Board of Directors regarding allocation of funds. The committee also prepares an annual budget which must be submitted to the Associated Students, Inc. BOD in sufficient time for review and approval in accordance with Article VI, Section 4 of these Bylaws. The Finance Committee also has the responsibility for recommending the most appropriate investments.
What is the composition of the Finance Committee?
- The Finance Committee is composed of 14 voting members and 4 non-voting members. You may use this application to apply for the following positions:
- ASI Vice Chair for Finance (V.C.F.)
- Four student (recommended by the V.P. for Finance to the ASI President with a simple majority consent of the BOD)
What does the Finance Committee do?
It shall be the purpose and function of the Finance Committee to:
- Make recommendations to the BOD regarding allocation of funds.
- Prepare an annual budget which must be submitted to the Associated Students, Inc. B.O.D. in sufficient time for review and approval in accordance with Article VI, Section 4 of the Bylaws.
- Develop a balanced ASI Annual Budget for approval by both the B.O.D., and the University President no less than sixty (60) days prior to the end of the fiscal year.
Duties and Responsibilities
For more information go to our website Finance Policies and Procedures 200-225 and review Policy 201 Finance Committee Code of Procedure.
External Organization & Departments
ASI currently offers university support funds to Anna Bing Arnold Children's Center, EOP (Educational Opportunity Program), Golden Eagle Radio, EPIC (Educational Participation in Communities), Dreamers Center, U-Pass Metro Program, and Veterans Resource Center. Click below to learn out more about the Funding and Budgeting for External Organizations & Departments over $3,000 here.