Date / Time:
I. Organizational Items
- a. Call to Order
- b. Roll Call
- c. Adoption of Agenda for Thursday, July 19, 2018
- d. Adoption of Minutes for Thursday, July 5, 2018
II. Public Forum
- a. This time is allotted to members of the public to address the board.
III. Action Items:
a. Appointment for vacant ASI and Campus Committee Positions - Board of Directors will appoint individuals to the following vacant ASI and student committee positions.
- i. Chief Justice Appointment(s)
- ii. Associate Justice(s)
iii. ASI Board of Director Appointment(s)
- 1) College Representatives
- iv. Academic Senator Appointment(s)
v. Cabinet of Commissioner Appointment(s)
- 1) Housing and Resident Life Representative
- vi. Associate Justice Appointment(s)
- vii. Internal Committee Appointment(s)
- viii. University Wide Committee Appointment(s)
IV. Special Presentations:
- a. Role of the President's Designee Presentation- The Board will be informed on the Role of the Presidents Designee.
- b. University Advancement Presentation- The Board will be informed Janet Dial on the role of the University Advancement office and how it pertains to ASI.
IV. Information Items:
- a. ASI Workflow & Biweekly Committee - The Board will be formally informed of the reestablishment of the ASI Workflow & Biweekly Committee.
- b. ASI Scholarships and Awards Ad Hoc Committee - The Board will be formally informed of the reestablishment of the ASI Scholarships and Awards Ad Hoc Committee.
- b. ASI Alternative Funding Referendum Ad Hoc Committee - The Board will be formally informed of the reestablishment of the ASI Alternative Funding Referendum Ad Hoc Committee.
V. Discussion Items:
a. Policy Agenda - The Board will discuss student feedback and make suggestions for the CSSA Policy Agenda.
- a. ASI President: Nia Johnson
- b. ASI Vice President for Administration: Jesus Mora
- c. ASI Vice President for Academic Governance: Jacquelyn Acosta
- d. ASI Vice President for Finance: Aaron Castaneda
- e. ASI Vice President for External Affairs and Advancement: Veronica Garcia-Martinez
- f. ASI Secretary/ Treasurer: Jennifer Martell
- g. ASI Board of Directors
- h. ASI Staff: Intef W. Weser and Marcus Rodriguez
- i. University Designee: Dr. Jennifer Miller, Dean of Students
|NASPA PPD July Legislative Update Regional Reports 7.19.18||523.6 KB|
|Region_VI_Legislative_Report_July_2018 7.19.18||176.6 KB|
|CSSA Public Policy Agenda 2018||128.43 KB|
|7.19.2018 BOD Application Packet All||573.98 KB|
|BOD External Release - 2018-2019 BOD Appointment List 7.19.18||70.52 KB|
Regularly Meets On:
The purposes and function of the Board of Directors (BOD) shall:
- Act as a governing board for the ASI
- Act as a steward to the student funds
- Act as a learning laboratory for student leadership
The Board of Directors shall consist of the following directors elected by the Cal State LA student body, as specified in Article IV of the ASI Bylaws.
- ASI President
- ASI Vice President for Administration (VPA)
- ASI Vice President for Finance (VPF)
- ASI Vice President for Academic Governance (VPAG)
- ASI Vice President for External Affairs and Advancement (VPEAA)
- ASI Secretary/Treasurer
- ASI Diversity and Inclusion Officer - Representative-at-Large
- ASI Civic Engagement Officer - Representative-at-Large
- Two (2) College of Arts & Letters Representatives
- Two (2) College of Business & Economics Representatives
- Two (2) Charter College of Education Representatives
- Two (2) College of Engineering, Computer Science, & Technology Representatives
- Two (2) Rongxiang Xu College of Health & Human Services Representatives
- Two (2) College of Natural & Social Sciences Representatives
For more information regarding the role and function of the Board of Directors please review Policy 002 - Board of Directors Code of Procedure via this LINK.