Date / Time:
- Call to Order
- Roll Call
- Adoption of Agenda for Thursday, October 18, 2018
- Adoption of Minutes for Thursday, October 4, 2018
- This time is allotted to members of the public to address the Board.
Appointment for Vacant ASI and Campus Committee Positions - The Board will appoint individuals to the following vacant ASI and student committee positions.
- ASI Board of Director Appointment(s)
- Cabinet of Commissioner Appointment(s)
- Internal Committee Appointment(s)
- University Wide Committee Appointment(s)
- Policy Amendments - The Board will take action on the following policy amendments recommended by the Bylaws Committee.
- ASI Alternative Break Service Learning Project - The Board will review and take action on the agreements, procedures, and budgets associated with the program.
Special Presentation - Time Certain 4:15 p.m.
- Rebecca Palmer will update the Board on Housing developments and provide context for future projects.
- 2019 General Election Timeline - The Board will be informed on the 2019 General Election Timeline developed by the Elections and Orientation Commissioner.
- Mid-Year Evaluations - The Board will be reminded of the deadline for Mid-Year Evaluations.
- Responses to Internal Audit - ASI management will present the managerial responses for the Internal Audit conducted by the University.
- Referendum status - The Board will be informed on the status of our ASI Referendum and petition currently being conducted.
- Presidents Priority Issue List - The Board will discuss the President's Priority Issue List in anticipation for Pizza with the President on October 26.
- ASI President: Nia Johnson
- ASI Vice President for Administration: Vacant
- ASI Vice President for Finance: Aaron Castaneda
- ASI Vice President for Academic Governance: Jacquelyn Acosta
- ASI Vice President for External Affairs and Advancement: Veronica Garcia-Martinez
- ASI Secretary/Treasurer: Vacant
- ASI Board of Directors
- ASI Staff: Marcus Rodriguez
- University Designee: Dr. Jennifer Miller, Dean of Students
Regularly Meets On:
The purposes and function of the Board of Directors (BOD) shall:
- Act as a governing board for the ASI
- Act as a steward to the student funds
- Act as a learning laboratory for student leadership
The Board of Directors shall consist of the following directors elected by the Cal State LA student body, as specified in Article IV of the ASI Bylaws.
- ASI President
- ASI Vice President for Administration (VPA)
- ASI Vice President for Finance (VPF)
- ASI Vice President for Academic Governance (VPAG)
- ASI Vice President for External Affairs and Advancement (VPEAA)
- ASI Secretary/Treasurer
- ASI Diversity and Inclusion Officer - Representative-at-Large
- ASI Civic Engagement Officer - Representative-at-Large
- Two (2) College of Arts & Letters Representatives
- Two (2) College of Business & Economics Representatives
- Two (2) Charter College of Education Representatives
- Two (2) College of Engineering, Computer Science, & Technology Representatives
- Two (2) Rongxiang Xu College of Health & Human Services Representatives
- Two (2) College of Natural & Social Sciences Representatives
For more information regarding the role and function of the Board of Directors please review Policy 002 - Board of Directors Code of Procedure via this LINK.