Date / Time:
I. Organizational Items
- Call to Order
- Roll Call
- Approval of the Agenda for Thursday, November 1, 2018
- Approval of the Minutes for Thursday, October 18, 2018
II. Public Forum
- This time is allotted for members of the public to address the Board.
III. Action Items
- Appointment for vacant committee positions: The committee will appoint individuals to the Legislative Affairs and Advocacy Committee.
Appointment for Vacant ASI and Campus Committee Positions: The Board will appoint individuals to the following vacant ASI and student committee positions.
Cabinet of Commissioner Appointment(s)
- ASI Spirit Commissioner Candidates (applications listed below in supporting documents)
- ASI Board of Directors Appointment(s)
- Internal Committee Appointment(s)
- University-wide Committee Appointment(s)
- Cabinet of Commissioner Appointment(s)
- CSURMA Agreement: The Board will review and take action on the Cal State University Risk Management Authority Agreement.
- ASI Referendum 2019: The Board will take action on the ASI Referendum 2019.
- 3&9 Budget Review: The Board will review and take action on the 3&9 and supporting detail.
IV. Information Items
- U.S. Customs and Border Concern: The ASI President will report on the findings and action being taken to address the U.S. Customs and Border Protection vehicle parked on campus.
- University Support: The Board will be notified of the support being provided by Betty Kennedy and Frangelo Ayran.
- Dental Program MOU: The Board will review the MOU Agreement for Full-Time Staff benefits.
- Brown Issues Pop-Up Competition: The Board will be notified of the social media competition to bring Brown Issues onto campus.
V. Discussion Items
- Internal Focus on Health and Wellness: The Board will conduct a 10 minute brainstorming session and discuss ways to promote internal well-being in the ASI Office.
- Pizza with the President: The Board will discuss the President's Priority Issue List in anticipation for Pizza with the President.
- ASI President Nia Johnson
- ASI VP for Administration: vacant
- ASI VP for Finance: Aaron Castaneda
- ASI VP for Academic Governance: Jacquelyn Acosta
- ASI VP for External Affairs and Advancement: Veronica Garcia-Martinez
- ASI Secretary/Treasurer: David Sans
- ASI Board of Directors
- ASI Staff: Marcus A. Rodriguez, Interim Executive Director
- University Designee: Dr. Jennifer Miller, Dean of Students
Regularly Meets On:
The purposes and function of the Board of Directors (BOD) shall:
- Act as a governing board for the ASI
- Act as a steward to the student funds
- Act as a learning laboratory for student leadership
The Board of Directors shall consist of the following directors elected by the Cal State LA student body, as specified in Article IV of the ASI Bylaws.
- ASI President
- ASI Vice President for Administration (VPA)
- ASI Vice President for Finance (VPF)
- ASI Vice President for Academic Governance (VPAG)
- ASI Vice President for External Affairs and Advancement (VPEAA)
- ASI Secretary/Treasurer
- ASI Diversity and Inclusion Officer - Representative-at-Large
- ASI Civic Engagement Officer - Representative-at-Large
- Two (2) College of Arts & Letters Representatives
- Two (2) College of Business & Economics Representatives
- Two (2) Charter College of Education Representatives
- Two (2) College of Engineering, Computer Science, & Technology Representatives
- Two (2) Rongxiang Xu College of Health & Human Services Representatives
- Two (2) College of Natural & Social Sciences Representatives
For more information regarding the role and function of the Board of Directors please review Policy 002 - Board of Directors Code of Procedure via this LINK.