Date / Time:
- Call to Order
- Roll Call
- Approval of Agenda for Thursday, February 14, 2019
- Approval of Minutes for Thursday, January 31, 2019
Public Forum: This time is allotted for members of the public to make announcements and/or address the Board.
- Appointments to Vacant ASI and Campus Committee Positions: The Board will consider appointing individuals to the following positions:
- ASI Interim Executive Director Compensation: The Board will take action on the approved compensation of the Interim Executive Director. (Closed Session)
- Policy Amendments: The Board will take action on the following policy amendments recommended by the Bylaws Committee.
- ASI President: Nia Johnson
- ASI VP for Administration: Matthew Keels
- ASI VP for Finance: Aaron Castaneda
- ASI VP for Academic Governance: Jacquelyn Acosta
- ASI VP for External Affairs and Advancement: Veronica Garcia-Martinez
- ASI Secretary/Treasurer: David Sans
- ASI Board of Directors
- ASI Interim Executive Director: Marcus A. Rodriguez
- University Designee: Carol Roberts-Colb
- Open Deliberation: The Vice President for Academic Governance will remind the Board of the upcoming Open Deliberation program and ways of being involved.
- April CSSA Plenary: The Vice President for External Affairs and Advancement will remind the Board about the upcoming CSSA Plenary meeting that Cal State LA will be hosting this April.
- ASI Referendum Update: The Vice President for Finance will update the Board on the status of the ASI Petition.
- Enrollment Growth Challenges: The Board will discuss ASI messaging and advocacy in response to Cal State LA's Enrollment Growth challenges.
- Pizza with the President: The Board will discuss upcoming dates and ways to enhance Pizza with the President.
Regularly Meets On:
The purposes and function of the Board of Directors (BOD) shall:
- Act as a governing board for the ASI
- Act as a steward to the student funds
- Act as a learning laboratory for student leadership
The Board of Directors shall consist of the following directors elected by the Cal State LA student body, as specified in Article IV of the ASI Bylaws.
- ASI President
- ASI Vice President for Administration (VPA)
- ASI Vice President for Finance (VPF)
- ASI Vice President for Academic Governance (VPAG)
- ASI Vice President for External Affairs and Advancement (VPEAA)
- ASI Secretary/Treasurer
- ASI Diversity and Inclusion Officer - Representative-at-Large
- ASI Civic Engagement Officer - Representative-at-Large
- Two (2) College of Arts & Letters Representatives
- Two (2) College of Business & Economics Representatives
- Two (2) Charter College of Education Representatives
- Two (2) College of Engineering, Computer Science, & Technology Representatives
- Two (2) Rongxiang Xu College of Health & Human Services Representatives
- Two (2) College of Natural & Social Sciences Representatives
For more information regarding the role and function of the Board of Directors please review Policy 002 - Board of Directors Code of Procedure via this LINK.