Date / Time:
I. Organizational Items:
- Call to Order
- Roll Call
- Adoption of Agenda for Tuesday, October 23, 2018
- Approval of Minutes for Tuesday, October 9, 2018
II. Public Forum:
- This time is allotted for members of the public to address the committee.
III. Info Items:
ASI Management Transition - The committee will be notified of the vacancy of the Executive Director Position and the organization transition plan.
- Executive Director Project List - The committee will confirm the delegation of projects.
- Mid-Year Evaluation Extention - The committee will be informed of the adjustment made to the mid-year evaluation timeline.
- ASI Personnel Committee Schedule - The committee will review the new ASI Personnel Committee Meeting Schedule.
- ASI Senior Coordinator Search Update - The committee will be notified of the recent updates in the hiring process for the ASI Senior Coordinator Position.
IV. Action Items:
- ASI Policy 101 Personnel Committee Code of Procedure - The committee will review and take action on recommended amendments.
V. Discussion Items:
- Potential Salary Increases - The committee will review and discuss a potential salary increase retroactive to the Interim Executive Director position. (Closed Session Item)
- Potential Compensation for University Support - The committee will review and discuss possible monetary compensation for Betty Kennedy and Frangelo Ayran. (Closed Session Item)
- ASI Executive Director Job Description - The committee will review and discuss the ASI Executive Director Job Description.
- ASI Executive Director Hiring Timeline - The committee will review and discuss the proposed timeline for hiring a new ASI Executive Director.
- ASI President: Nia Johnson
- ASI Interim Executive Director: Marcus A. Rodriguez
|ASI ED (Interim) Project List||302.39 KB|
|Personnel Committee Meeting Minutes - 10.09.18 (Draft)||91.31 KB|
|Policy 101 - Personnel Committee Code of Procedure||120.01 KB|
|Personnel Committee Meeting Schedule - ED Timeline||108.13 KB|
Regularly Meets On:
The Personnel Committee shall act on behalf of the BOD in all matters concerning employees of the corporation. Such actions shall be in accordance with Title V of the Administrative Code of the State of California, Policies and Directives of the Board of Trustees of the California State University and Colleges, Policies of the University, the Articles of Incorporation, and the ASI Bylaws.
The Personnel Committee makes recommendations to the BOD regarding hiring employees, dismissing employees, establishing policies regarding employee benefits, responsibilities, compensation, and grievance procedures.
The Personnel Committee shall make annual recommendations to the BOD on personnel matters involving any changes in the level of budgetary support. The Personnel Committee shall conduct, on a semi-annual basis, a review of the performances of the full-time employees.
The Personnel Committee shall be composed of eight (8) voting and five (5) non-voting members.
- A. ASI Vice President for Administration, who shall serve as chair
- B. ASI President
- C. ASI Vice President for Academic Governance
- D. ASI Vice President for Finance
- E. ASI Vice President for External Affairs and Advancement
- F. ASI Secretary/Treasurer
- G. Two (2) members of the BOD appointed by the ASI President with a simple majority consent of the BOD
- H. ASI Executive Director (non-voting)
- I. ASI Director of Government Affairs & Leadership Programs (non-voting)
- J. ASI Office Manager for Administration and Services (recording secretary) (non-voting)
- K. A representative from the University's Office of Human Resources Management (non-voting)
- L. University President or designee (non-voting)