Date / Time:
- Call to Order
- Roll Call
- Approval of Agenda for Thursday, February 28, 2019
- Approval of Minutes for Thursday, February 14, 2019
Public Forum: This time is allotted for members of the public to make announcements and/or address the Board.
Appointments to vacant ASI and Campus Committee Positions: The Board will appoint individuals to the following positions:
ASI Board of Directors
- College of B&E: Candidate Jorge Salazar
- Civic Engagement Officer: Candidate Pandian Rajaram
ASI Cabinet of Commissioners
- PR & Marketing Commissioner: Candidate Andrew Blanco
ASI Internal Committee
- Finance Committee: Candidate Tyree Lewis
- Enivonmental Policy Committee: Candidate Simone Benjamin
- Academic Information Resources Sub-Committee: Candidate Hai Tran
- ASI Board of Directors
- 6&6 Budget Review: The Board will take action on the 6&6 Budget Review as recommended by the Finance Committee.
- April CSSA Plenary: The VP for External Affairs and Advancement will remind the Board about the upcoming CSSA Plenary meeting that Cal State LA will be hosting this April.
- ASI Referendum Update: The VP for Finance will update the Board on the status of the ASI Petition.
- Cal State LA Impaction Status: The Board will discuss the option of taking a stance on the student body and faculty call for a one-year moratorium.
- CSSA Update: The VP for External Affairs will update the Board on the most recent CSSA Plenary meeting.
- Pizza with the President: The Board will discuss upcoming dates and ways to enhance the event.
- ASI President: Nia Johnson
- ASI VP for Finance: Aaron Castaneda
- ASI VP for Academic Governance: Jacquelyn Acosta
- ASI VP for External Affairs and Advancement: Veronica Garcia-Martinez
- ASI Secretary/Treasurer: David Sans
- ASI Board of Directors
- ASI Interim Executive Director: Marcus A. Rodriguez
- University Designee: Carol Roberts-Colb
Regularly Meets On:
The purposes and function of the Board of Directors (BOD) shall:
- Act as a governing board for the ASI
- Act as a steward to the student funds
- Act as a learning laboratory for student leadership
The Board of Directors shall consist of the following directors elected by the Cal State LA student body, as specified in Article IV of the ASI Bylaws.
- ASI President
- ASI Vice President for Administration (VPA)
- ASI Vice President for Finance (VPF)
- ASI Vice President for Academic Governance (VPAG)
- ASI Vice President for External Affairs and Advancement (VPEAA)
- ASI Secretary/Treasurer
- ASI Diversity and Inclusion Officer - Representative-at-Large
- ASI Civic Engagement Officer - Representative-at-Large
- Two (2) College of Arts & Letters Representatives
- Two (2) College of Business & Economics Representatives
- Two (2) Charter College of Education Representatives
- Two (2) College of Engineering, Computer Science, & Technology Representatives
- Two (2) Rongxiang Xu College of Health & Human Services Representatives
- Two (2) College of Natural & Social Sciences Representatives
For more information regarding the role and function of the Board of Directors please review Policy 002 - Board of Directors Code of Procedure see below