Date / Time:
I. Organizational Items
a. Call to Order
b. Roll Call
c. Approval of Agenda for Thursday, October 17, 2019
d. Approval of Minutes for Thursday, October 3, 2019
II. Public Comment: This time is allotted for the public to address the Board regarding items not included on the meeting agenda. Speaker cards are available for those wanting to speak on agenda items as listed below. Those comments will be heard as the item is introduced
III. Special Presentations
a. Janet Dial, Vice President for University Advancement (TIME CERTAIN - 3:30pm): The board will listen to a presentation by VP Janet Dial for latest developments in University Advancement.
IV. Action Items
a. ASI Appointed Positions: The Board will consider action on appointing candidates to open ASI positions.
b. ASI Internal Committee Appointments: The Board will consider action on appointing candidates to open ASI internal committee positions.
c. University Committee Appointments: The Board will consider action on appointing candidates to open external university committee positions.
V. Information Items:
a. ASI Referendum: The ASI Vice President for Finance will present information on the ASI Referendum to the board.
a. ASI President
b. ASI Vice President for Administration
c. ASI Vice President for Finance
d. ASI Vice President for Academic Governance
e. ASI Vice President for External Affairs and Advancement
f. ASI Secretary/Treasurer
g. ASI Board of Directors
h. Staff Support Director
i. University Designee
Regularly Meets On:
The purposes and function of the Board of Directors (BOD) shall:
- Act as a governing board for the ASI
- Act as a steward to the student funds
- Act as a learning laboratory for student leadership
The Board of Directors shall consist of the following directors elected by the Cal State LA student body, as specified in Article IV of the ASI Bylaws.
- ASI President
- ASI Vice President for Administration (VPA)
- ASI Vice President for Finance (VPF)
- ASI Vice President for Academic Governance (VPAG)
- ASI Vice President for External Affairs and Advancement (VPEAA)
- ASI Secretary/Treasurer
- ASI Diversity and Inclusion Officer - Representative-at-Large
- ASI Civic Engagement Officer - Representative-at-Large
- Two (2) College of Arts & Letters Representatives
- Two (2) College of Business & Economics Representatives
- Two (2) Charter College of Education Representatives
- Two (2) College of Engineering, Computer Science, & Technology Representatives
- Two (2) Rongxiang Xu College of Health & Human Services Representatives
- Two (2) College of Natural & Social Sciences Representatives
For more information regarding the role and function of the Board of Directors please review Policy 002 - Board of Directors Code of Procedure see below