Date / Time:
I. Organizational Items
a. Call to Order
b. Roll Call
c. Approval of Agenda for Thursday, February 20, 2020
d. Approval of Minutes for Thursday, February 6, 2020
II. Public Comment: This time is allotted for the public to address the Board regarding items not included on the meeting agenda. Speaker cards are available for those wanting to speak on agenda items as listed below. Those comments will be heard as the item is introduced.
III. Special Presentation: Jonna Fries, CAPS Director, will update the Board on major changes and answer any pressing questions from the Board. (TIME CERTAIN 4:15-4:30)
IV. Action Items
a. ASI Appointed Positions: The Board will consider taking action on appointing candidates to open ASI Positions
b. ASI Internal Committees: The Board will consider taking action on appointing candidates to open ASI Internal committee membership.
i. Finance Committee
c. University-Wide Committees- The Board will consider confirming appointments made by the Vice President for Academic Governance.
d. Menstrual Products Resolution- The Board will consider taking action on a resolution for menstrual products across campus.
e. 6&6 Operating Budget- The Board will consider taking action on the draft of the 6&6 Operating Budget.
V. Information Items
a. CSSA Resolution Opposing Upcoming Title IX Policy 2020 - The Board will be informed of the newly passed resolution at CSSA opposing the new Title IX policy changes.
b. Annual Evaluations Timeline- The Board will be informed of the timeline for end of the year staff evaluations.
VI. Discussion Items
a. 2018 Tax Return- The Board will discuss the 2018 Tax Return.
b. Ethnic Studies Requirement- The Board will discuss the Ethnic Studies Requirement and Resolution from the ASCSU in preparation for the CSSA Special Meeting.
c. ASI Town Hall- The Board will discuss updates on the Townhall.
a. ASI President
b. ASI Vice President for Administration
c. ASI Vice President for Finance
d. ASI Vice President for Academic Governance
e. ASI Vice President for External Affairs and Advancement
f. ASI Secretary/Treasurer
g. ASI Board of Directors
h. Staff Support Director
i. University Designee
Regularly Meets On:
The purposes and function of the Board of Directors (BOD) shall:
- Act as a governing board for the ASI
- Act as a steward to the student funds
- Act as a learning laboratory for student leadership
The Board of Directors shall consist of the following directors elected by the Cal State LA student body, as specified in Article IV of the ASI Bylaws.
- ASI President
- ASI Vice President for Administration (VPA)
- ASI Vice President for Finance (VPF)
- ASI Vice President for Academic Governance (VPAG)
- ASI Vice President for External Affairs and Advancement (VPEAA)
- ASI Secretary/Treasurer
- ASI Diversity and Inclusion Officer - Representative-at-Large
- ASI Civic Engagement Officer - Representative-at-Large
- Two (2) College of Arts & Letters Representatives
- Two (2) College of Business & Economics Representatives
- Two (2) Charter College of Education Representatives
- Two (2) College of Engineering, Computer Science, & Technology Representatives
- Two (2) Rongxiang Xu College of Health & Human Services Representatives
- Two (2) College of Natural & Social Sciences Representatives
For more information regarding the role and function of the Board of Directors please review Policy 002 - Board of Directors Code of Procedure see below