Date / Time:
Friday, March 11, 2022 - 12:00pm to 2:00pm
Housing - Multi-Purpose B: SV 2117B
I. Organizational Items
a. Call to Order
b. Roll Call (Establishment of Quorum)
c. Approval of Agenda for Friday, March 11, 2022
d. Approval of Minutes for Friday, September 24, 2021 (Tabled from Oct. 22, 2021)
e. Approval of Minutes for Friday, December 10, 2021
II. Public Comment – Public comment is intended as a time for any member of the public to address the committee on any issues affecting ASI and/or Cal State LA.
I. Discussion Items:
a. Policy 213 – The committee will review suggested edits to Policy 213 – Academic Travel
III. Action Items:
a. American Society of Mechanical Engineers - ASME Mechanical Team Workshop - 3/18/2022 - $818.31
a. ASI Vice Chair for Finance: Alexandra Kurokawa
b. ASI Vice President for Finance: Josue Montenegro
|ASME 3/18/22 - ASME Mechanical Team Workshop||24.48 MB|
|Funding Minutes 9/24/21 draft||1.38 MB|
|Funding Minutes 12/10/21 draft||1.35 MB|
Last modified on March 8, 2022
Regularly Meets On:
Every Other Friday from Noon- 2 pm
Please check our meeting calendar for the next meeting
*Please check meeting list to confirm times and locations
The Funding Sub-committee is a sub-committee of the Finance Committee, hereafter referred to as the Funding Committee.
- A. This committee is only granted the Authority for Allocations. This sole authority of taking action on funding proposals is referenced in Article IV, Section 1, of the Finance Committee Code of Procedure - Policy 201.
- B. As is the nature of a sub-committee; the Finance Committee, and ultimately the Board of Directors (BOD), have the power to reverse or change any action, or supplement for any lack of action, taken in this committee.
What is the composition of the Funding Committee?
The Funding Committee shall be composed of nine (9) voting members and six (6) non-voting members.
- A. ASI Vice Chair for Finance (V.C.F.) (Committee Chair)
- B. ASI Vice President for Finance (V.P.F.)
- C. ASI President
- D. ASI Diversity and Inclusion Officer
- E. Two members of the BOD appointed by the ASI President with majority consent of the BOD
- F. Three students recommended by the ASI Vice President for Finance to the ASI President with majority consent of the BOD (non - ASI BOD)
- G. ASI Executive Director (non-voting)
- H. ASI Office Manager (non-voting)
- I. University Dean of Students or designee (non-voting)
- J. Center for Student Involvement (C.S.I.) representative (non-voting)
- K. CFO of the University or designee (non-voting)
- L. UAS representative or designee (non-voting)
What does the Finance Committee do?
It shall be the purpose and function of the Funding Committee to:
- A. Act as the first step in a multi-level approval process in requests for appropriation of Associated Students, Inc. (ASI) funds in accordance with these Codes, the ASI Administrative Manual, and the ASI Bylaws.
- B. Maintain a transparent and efficient funding process for the distribution of ASI funds.
Last modified on September 16, 2019