Date / Time:
A. Organizational Items
- Call to Order
- Roll Call
- Approval of Agenda for Tuesday, April 4, 2017
- Approval of Minutes for Tuesday, March 21, 2017
B. Public Forum - Allotted time for members of the public to address the committee.
C. Old Business
1. Action Item - Sigma Nu - Meet and Greet/Awards Dinner - 4/7/17 - $2,835 - The Committee will be taking action on club funding for the Sigma Nu event. Sigma Nu met with the Finance Committee on March 10, and were supposed to present to the BOD on March 16. However, due to the confusion of rescind motions at the meeting, they were not informed to attend the BOD. Since there event is before the next BOD,the Executive Committee needs to take action on the event.
2. Strategic Planning
1. Review the environmental scan feedback
a. Student survey results
- b. Other stakeholders?
- c. Are there any voices yet to be heard? If so, plan to gather their input ASAP
2. SWOT Analysis
a. Affinity diagram
- i. In what ways does A.S.I. excel?
- ii. What are important issues/initiatives for A.S.I., but do not meet expectations?
- iii. What opportunities await A.S.I. in the next 5 years?
- iv. What challenges stand in the way to accomplishing the goals?
- v. Strategic initiatives should start to emerge through the exercise
- b. Goals from the student leaders for next 5 years
- c. Goals from the staff for next 5 years
3. Mission, vision, values
- a. Confirm approval of the current mission/purpose statement
- b. Values?
- c. Vision statement- need to identify a task team to work on this next week and draft possibilities for the SPC and Board to consider
4. Next steps
- a. Start drafting the outline and content for the final strategic plan document, design elements should be considered
- b. Finalize the A.S.I. Story section
- c. Finish environmental scan with remaining stakeholders and summarize findings, include with results from the SWOT
- d. Draft 2-4 possible vision statements for consideration
3. Policy Review - the Executive Committee will begin the review of the following policies.
1. A.S.I Board of Director Code of Procedure - 20 minutes
- a. The committee will discuss varios roles and responsibilities outlined in the policy.
- b. A.S.I. Bylaws Policy 001- 15 minutes
E. New Business
The Executive Committee coordinates the information, programs, projects, and problems to be considered by the Associated Students, Inc. Board of Directors. The Executive Committee shall also provide general policy guidelines, and make specific policy decisions, in place of the entire Board of Directors only when the BOD cannot be called together to act on an emergency matter.
All policy decisions of the Executive Committee shall be reported to the BOD and may be overturned by a two-thirds (2/3) vote of the BOD present at the meeting.
The Executive Committee shall be composed of eight (8) voting and four (4) non-voting members.
- A. ASI President, who shall serve as chair
- B. ASI Vice President for Administration, who shall serve as vice-chair
- C. ASI Vice President for Finance
- D. ASI Vice President for Academic Governance
- E. ASI Vice President for External Affairs and Advancement (VPEAA)
- F. ASI Secretary/Treasurer
- G. Three (3) members of the BOD appointed by the ASI President with a simple majority consent
- of the BOD
- G. ASI Executive Director (non-voting)
- H. ASI Assistant Director (recording secretary) (non-voting)
- I. ASI Director of Programs and Leadership (non-voting)
- J. University President or designee (non-voting)