Date / Time:
I. Organizational Items:
- a. Call to Order
- b. Roll Call
- c. Adoption of Agenda for Thursday, March 15, 2018
d. Adoption of Minutes for Thursday, March 1, 2018
II. Public Forum:
- This time is allotted to members of the public to address the board.
III. Standing Action Items:
a. Appointment for Vacant ASI and Campus Committee Positions - Board of Directors will appoint individuals to the following vacant ASI and student committee positions.
- i. ASI Board of Director Appointment(s)
- ii. Cabinet of Commissioner Appointment(s)
- iii. Internal Committee Appointment(s)
iv. University Wide Committee Appointment(s)
IV. Policy Amendments - The Board will take action on the following policy amendments recommended by the Bylaws Committee
- a. Review Policy 115 - The Board will review recommended edits to the Student Assistant Classification and Pay Plan policy approved by Personnel and the Bylaws Committee.
- b. Review Policy 212 - The Board will review recommended edits to the Budgetary Control Policy approved by the Finance Committee and the Bylaws Committee.
- c. Review Policy 022 - The Board will review recommended edits to the ASI Ethics Policy approved by the Executive Committee and the Bylaws Committee.
V. New Business:
- a. Action Item: The Board will take action on the 6&6 Budget review recommended by the Finance Committee.
b. Discussion Item: The Board will discuss the Executive Officer Workflow Proposal as recommended by the Executive Committee
- c. Discussion Item: The Board will receive feedback on and discuss the California Higher Education Student Summit
- Information Item: The Board will receive an update on the progress of the ASI Referendum.
- a. ASI President: David Zitser
- b. ASI Vice President for Finance: Aaron Castaneda
- c. ASI Vice President for Academic Governance: Neyda Umana
- d. ASI Vice President for External Affairs and Advancement: Marcos Montes
- e. ASI Secretary/ Treasurer: Jazmin Ortiz
- f. ASI Chief Justice: Jeovany Aguilar
- g. ASI Board of Directors
- h. ASI Staff : Intef W. Weser and Marcus Rodriguez
- i. University Designee: Dr. Jennifer Miller, Dean of Students
Regularly Meets On:
The purposes and function of the Board of Directors (BOD) shall:
- Act as a governing board for the ASI
- Act as a steward to the student funds
- Act as a learning laboratory for student leadership
The Board of Directors shall consist of the following directors elected by the Cal State LA student body, as specified in Article IV of the ASI Bylaws.
- ASI President
- ASI Vice President for Administration (VPA)
- ASI Vice President for Finance (VPF)
- ASI Vice President for Academic Governance (VPAG)
- ASI Vice President for External Affairs and Advancement (VPEAA)
- ASI Secretary/Treasurer
- ASI Diversity and Inclusion Officer - Representative-at-Large
- ASI Civic Engagement Officer - Representative-at-Large
- Two (2) College of Arts & Letters Representatives
- Two (2) College of Business & Economics Representatives
- Two (2) Charter College of Education Representatives
- Two (2) College of Engineering, Computer Science, & Technology Representatives
- Two (2) Rongxiang Xu College of Health & Human Services Representatives
- Two (2) College of Natural & Social Sciences Representatives
For more information regarding the role and function of the Board of Directors please review Policy 002 - Board of Directors Code of Procedure via this LINK.