Date / Time:
I. Organizational Items:
- a. Call to Order
- b. Roll Call
- c. Adoption of Agenda for Thursday, September 21, 2017
d. Adoption of Minutes for Thursday, September 7, 2017
II. Public Forum:
- a. This time is allotted to members of the public to address the board.
III. Special Presentation:
- a.Carlos Rodriguez, Dean of the Library - 3:45 - 4 pm
- b. Beverly Bondad-Brown, Director of Center for Effective Teaching & Learning - 4:15 - 4:30 pm
- c. Karin Brown, Dean of Graduate Studies - 5 -5:15 pm
IV. Standing Action Items:
a. Appointment for Vacant A.S.I. and Campus Committee Positions - Board of Directors will appoint individuals to the following vacant A.S.I. and student committee positions. (3:25 - 3:45)
- i.A.S.I. Board of Director Appointment(s)
- ii. Cabinet of Commissioner Appointment(s)
- iii. Internal Committee Appointment(s)
iv. University Wide Committee Appointment(s)
- a. A.S.I. President: David Zitser
- b. A.S.I. Vice President for Administration: David Garcia
- c. A.S.I. Vice President for Academic Governance: Neyda Umana
- d. A.S.I. Vice President for Finance: Aaron Castaneda
- e. A.S.I. Vice President for External Affairs and Advancement: Marcos Montes
- f. A.S.I. Secretary/ Treasurer: Jazmin Ortiz
- g. A.S.I. Chief Justice: Jeovany Aguilar
- h. A.S.I. Board of Directors
- i. A.S.I. Staff : Intef W. Weser and Marcus Rodriguez
- j. University Designee: Dr. Jennifer Miller, Dean of Students
VI. New Business:
a. Action Item: Resolution in support for Visually Impaired Students - The Board will receive a recommendation from the Executive Committee, for approval of a resolution in support of campus accessibility for students with blindness/limited vision/low vision/partially sighted/visually impaired.
b. Action Item: Legislative Priorities 2017/18 - The Board will receive a recommendation from the LAAC, for approval of the Legislative Priorities for the 2017/18 academic school year.
c. Action Item: The Board will vote on a Resolution in Support of the Dream Act of 2017 (S.1615/H.R.3440).
d. Action Item: The Board will vote on a Letter to Metro Regarding the U-Pass program.
e. Review Policy 218 Referendum Policy - Bylaws committee members will review and act on recommended edits to the Referendum Guidelines.
f. Review Policy 005 Grant-in-Aid - Bylaws committee members will review and act on recommended edits to the Grant-In-Aid policy.
g. Review Policy 302 Bylaws Codes of Procedures Sub-Committee COP - The Board will review and act on recommended edits approved by the Bylaws and Codes of Procedure Sub-Committee Code of Procedure.
h. Review Policy 003 Executive Committee COP- The Board will review and act on recommended edits approved by the Executive Committee and Bylaws committee.
VII. Discussion Item:
- a.Follow Up Discussion Regarding Legal Counsel Presentation on August 24, 2017 - The BOD will discuss some of the content presented by Richard E. Bromley at first BOD.
VIII. Information Items:
|Application List 9.21.17.pdf||62.26 KB|
|Policy 005 Adm - Grant-In-Aid 7.24.17||353.7 KB|
|Policy 218 Finance - Referendum 7.28.17UPDATED||154.82 KB|
|Policy 302 - Bylaws Codes of Procedure Sub-Committee COP revise pending 11.30.16||109.48 KB|
|Policy 003 Adm - Executive Committee Code of Procedure - 2.20.17||230.65 KB|
|David G BOD Report Sept.21.pdf||213.45 KB|
|BOD Minutes Sept. 7, 2017.pdf||184.61 KB|
Regularly Meets On:
The purposes and function of the Board of Directors (BOD) shall:
- Act as a governing board for the ASI
- Act as a steward to the student funds
- Act as a learning laboratory for student leadership
The Board of Directors shall consist of the following directors elected by the Cal State LA student body, as specified in Article IV of the ASI Bylaws.
- ASI President
- ASI Vice President for Administration (VPA)
- ASI Vice President for Finance (VPF)
- ASI Vice President for Academic Governance (VPAG)
- ASI Vice President for External Affairs and Advancement (VPEAA)
- ASI Secretary/Treasurer
- ASI Diversity and Inclusion Officer - Representative-at-Large
- ASI Civic Engagement Officer - Representative-at-Large
- Two (2) College of Arts & Letters Representatives
- Two (2) College of Business & Economics Representatives
- Two (2) Charter College of Education Representatives
- Two (2) College of Engineering, Computer Science, & Technology Representatives
- Two (2) Rongxiang Xu College of Health & Human Services Representatives
- Two (2) College of Natural & Social Sciences Representatives
For more information regarding the role and function of the Board of Directors please review Policy 002 - Board of Directors Code of Procedure via this LINK.