Date / Time:
Thursday, August 30, 2018 - 3:15pm to 5:45pm
U-SU Board Room 303 AB
I. Organizational Items:
- Call to Order
- Roll Call
- Concerns from the Floor
- Intent to Raise Questions
- Approval of the Agenda August 30, 2018
- Approval of the Minutes July 12, 2018
II. Public Forum:
- This time is allotted for members of the public to make announcements and/or address the council.
- Vice President for Academic Governance
- Academic Senators
- Committee Representatives
IV. Old Business
- Action Item - The council will elect the Vice Chair of the Shared Governance Council/Cabinet of Academic Senators.
- Information Item - The council will receive an overview of the purpose of the Shared Governance Council, examine existing university committee/work group structures, and learn how to be an effective committee member from the VP for Academic Governance.
- Discussion Item - The council will discuss and sign their respective committee member agreements.
- Information Item - The committee will review Policy 023 - Shared Governance Council Code of Procedure.
V. New Business
- Discussion Item - The council will review and discuss Committee Reports and the purpose they serve.
- Information Item - The committee will review the Shared Governance Resolution by the immediate past VPAG.
- Closing Comments
Last modified on August 30, 2018
Regularly Meets On:
Five Thursday's a Semester 3pm - 4:30pm
Please check our meeting calendar for the next meeting
*Please check meeting list to confirm times and locations
The purpose and function of the Shared Governance Council (SGC) of the Associated Students, Inc. (ASI) of California State University, Los Angeles.
- A. Review, research and make recommendations on, but not limited to, Academic and Administrative policy affecting students.
- B. Maintain active communication to the student body regarding but not limited to Academic and Administrative Affairs by creating resolutions, white papers, utilizing media outlets etc.
- C. Work with all appropriate areas in order to ensure that genuine Shared Governance is being upheld between students, faculty, and administration. These areas include but are not limited to: ASI College Representatives, Department Chairs, Students, etc.
- D. Create annual assessments for the student success fee and any student fee the council deems appropriate to ensure effective and ethical use of student fees.
- E. Create assessments ascertaining the quality of service offered to students that the council finds appropriate.
What is the composition of the SGC?
Shared Governance Council membership:
- A. Vice President for Academic Governance (VPAG) (chair, non-voting)
- B. ASI Academic Senators (3 Undergraduates, 2 Post -Baccalaureates) (one of which shall be appointed vice-chair at the first or second meeting of the SGC)
- C. Student Representatives appointed by the BOD to all University and Academic Senate Committees and Subcommittees
- D. All official ASI Board members that are required to sit on a University or Academic Senate Committee or Subcommittee
- E. Faculty Appointee (one faculty member selected by the Committee on Committees of the Academic Senate, non-voting committee advisor)
- F. The Provost or the Provost's designee (non-voting committee advisor)
Last modified on September 22, 2022