Date / Time:
I. Organizational Items:
- a. Call to Order
- b. Roll Call
- c. Adoption of agenda for Thursday, September 13, 2018
d. Approval of Minutes for Thursday, July 12, 2018
II. Public Forum:
- a. This time is allotted to members of the public to address the board.
- a. Election of a Vice Chair - The Cabinet will take action on electing a new Vice Chair for the Cabinet of College Representatives.
V. Special Presentation:
- a. Mark Pavelchak, Director of Institutional Effectiveness, Academic Affairs - Mr. Pavelchak will present to the cabinet college student data, student needs, and general student performance relating to each of the six colleges. We will also discuss creating a useful survey tool for ASI and College Representatives.
a. Review of Cabinet of College Representative Code of Procedure - The committee will review the COP and specifically the following:
- 1. Managing Co-College collaboration proposals and funding
- 2. Adding clarifying language on how to work with the Academic Senators
- b. Listing Specific Duties - The committee will clarify and discuss college rep specific duty expectations.
- c. Jackie Acosta (VPAG) - Time Certain: 4:30 PM-4:45 - Jackie Acosta will lead a clarifying discussion regarding how information and collaboration efforts between College Reps and Academic Senators can be developed going forward.
- d. General Election College Debates - Jessal Salas - Elections and Orientation Commissioner will lead a discussion regarding possibly coordinating College Debates. Also, seeking ideas to increase college voting during elections.
- e. Planning for D-Stress - The committee will discuss our future De-Stress, identify marketing strategy, and how we should work with Dean Rodriguez and the library.
- a. Committee Chair: Jocelyn Vargas
b. Arts & Letters: Jacob Amaya
c. Business & Economics: Christopher Koo
d. Charter College of Education: Raul Rodriguez & Raymond Peters
Engineer, Computer Science, & Technology: Smitkumar Patel & Edgar Chavez
f. Natural & Social Sciences: Davona Watson & Fritza Plasencia
- g. Rongxiang Xu College of Health & Human Services: Rashad Freeman & Jocelyn Vargas
- h. ASI President: Nia Johnson
- i. ASI Staff: Intef W. Weser
Regularly Meets On:
The purpose and function of the Cabinet of College Representatives is to support college representatives by opening lines of communication and collaboration within the unit.
Under the direct supervision of the ASI President the college representatives work together to ensure open lines of communication and collaboration within the unit. They also:
- Strengthen the communication amongst all college representatives by sharing developments, programs, and concerns within each college.
- Assess and identify students' needs and develop strong strategies of addressing their needs on short-term and long-term basis.
- Establish inter-collegiate programs or initiatives and collaboratively plan and implement these programs and initiatives.
- Review the collective College Representative quarterly allocated budget and make the final decision on how to distribute funds for inter-collegiate events and initiatives. It is understood that based on the financial needs of the organization, all final budget decisions can be revisited quarterly.