Date / Time:
I. Organizational Items
- a. Call to Order
- b. Roll Call
- c. Adoption of Agenda for Thursday, October 4, 2018
- d. Adoption of Minutes for Thursday, September 20, 2018
II. Public Forum
- a. This time is allotted to members of the public to address the board.
III. Action Items:
a. Appointment for Vacant ASI and Campus Committee Positions - Board of Directors will appoint individuals to the following vacant ASI and student committee positions.
- i. Board of Directors Appointment(s)
- ii. Associate Justice Appointment(s)
- iii. Spirit Commissioner Appointment(s)
- iv. Internal Committee Appointment(s)
- v. University Wide Committee Appointment Report
IV. Special Presentation
a. Veterans Affairs Resource Commissioner will present recent survey results pertaining to military connected students 4:15 PM Time Certain
- b. Sesley Lewis, Coordinator of Food and Housing Security, will update the Board on recent developments and efforts to minimize food and housing insecurity 5:10 pm Time Certain
a. Mid-Year Evaluations- The Board will be informed of the Mid-Year Evaluation process.
- b. Referendum status- The Board will be informed on the status of our ASI Referendum and how they can support our efforts stakeholders in ASI.
- c. CSSA Updates- The Vice President for External Affairs and Advancement will update the Board on recent CSSA developments.
- d. Internal Audit Update- The Board will be updated on recent progress made to remedy University concerns.
- e. Program Evaluaitons - The Board will discuss program evaluations. (amended)
a. Presidents Priority Issue List- The Board will review amendments made to the expectations section and make recommendations to enhance this document.
- a. ASI President: Nia Johnson
- b. ASI Vice President for Administration: Jesus Mora
- c. ASI Vice President for Academic Governance: Jacquelyn Acosta
- d. ASI Vice President for Finance: Aaron Castaneda
- e. ASI Vice President for External Affairs and Advancement: Veronica Garcia-Martinez
- f. ASI Secretary/ Treasurer: Vacant
- g. ASI Board of Directors
- h. ASI Staff: Intef W. Weser and Marcus Rodriguez
- i. University Designee: Dr. Jennifer Miller, Dean of Students
|ASI Staff Midyear Feedback Timeline 2018-19||129.55 KB|
|BOD Minutes - 09.20.18||125.43 KB|
|Performance Management - Rater Errors||118.23 KB|
|BOD External Release - 2018-2019 BOD Appointment List-1||66.35 KB|
|Board of Directors Appliation Packet 10.4.18||310.27 KB|
|Pizza with the President Framework and Purpose||57.59 KB|
|Military-Connected Student Survey||2.8 MB|
Regularly Meets On:
The purposes and function of the Board of Directors (BOD) shall:
- Act as a governing board for the ASI
- Act as a steward to the student funds
- Act as a learning laboratory for student leadership
The Board of Directors shall consist of the following directors elected by the Cal State LA student body, as specified in Article IV of the ASI Bylaws.
- ASI President
- ASI Vice President for Administration (VPA)
- ASI Vice President for Finance (VPF)
- ASI Vice President for Academic Governance (VPAG)
- ASI Vice President for External Affairs and Advancement (VPEAA)
- ASI Secretary/Treasurer
- ASI Diversity and Inclusion Officer - Representative-at-Large
- ASI Civic Engagement Officer - Representative-at-Large
- Two (2) College of Arts & Letters Representatives
- Two (2) College of Business & Economics Representatives
- Two (2) Charter College of Education Representatives
- Two (2) College of Engineering, Computer Science, & Technology Representatives
- Two (2) Rongxiang Xu College of Health & Human Services Representatives
- Two (2) College of Natural & Social Sciences Representatives
For more information regarding the role and function of the Board of Directors please review Policy 002 - Board of Directors Code of Procedure via this LINK.