Date / Time:
I. Organizational Items
a. Call to Order
b. Roll Call (Establishment of Quorum)
c. Approval of Agenda for Friday, October 5, 2018
d. Approval of Minutes for Friday, August 24, 2018
e. Approval of Minutes for Friday, September 7, 2018
f. Approval of Minutes for Friday, September 21, 2018
II. Public Comment - Public comment is intended as a time for any member of the public to address the committee on any issues affecting ASI and/or Cal State LA.
III. Action Items:
a. Association for Computing Machinery - ACM Resume Workshop - 10/25/18 - $96.53
b. Association for Computing Machinery - ACM Workshops - 10/9/18, 10/23/18, 11/6/18, 11/18/18, & 11/13/18 - $482.66
c. Association for Computing Machinery - ACM Mini Hackathon - 10/14/18 - $96.53
d. Academic Honors Association - Fun B 4 Finals: Game Night - 11/30/18 - $110.73
e. Academic Honors Association - AHA Masquerade - 10/26/18 - $212.47
f. Academic Honors Association - AHA Porto's Fundraiser - 11/13/18 - $213.53
g. Academic Honors Association - AHA Porto's Fundraiser - 10/9/18 - $213.53
h. Mad Scientist - 3D Printing Workshop - 10/11/18 - $700.00
i. Financial Management Association - CBRE Meets FMA - 10/17/18 - $32.61
j. Financial Management Association - Pizza Fundraiser - 10/17/18 - $108.70
k. Financial Management Association - Boba Fundraiser - 10/24/18 - $130.00
l. Financial Management Association - Linkedin Workshop - 10/31/18 - $32.61
m. Financial Management Association - LACERS Meets FMA - 10/24/18 - $32.61
n. Financial Management Association - Boba Fundraiser - 10/10/18 - $130.00
o. Kalahi: Filipino Student American Org - Porto's Fundraiser - 10/11/18 - $229.95
p. HermanOs UnidOs - Pupusas Fundraiser - 10/17/18 - $200.00
q. Chemistry & Biochemistry Club - Chemistry Club - 10/22/18 - $3,000.00
r. Chemistry & Biochemistry Club - Chemistry Club - 10/24/18 - $3,000.00
s. Chemistry & Biochemistry Club - Chemistry Club - 10/25/18 - $3,000.00
t. Sigma Lambda Beta - Study with the Betas - 10/11/18 - $48.00
u. Latin American Studies - Liberated Futures: Colloquium on Central America Caribbean - 11/29/18-11/30/18 - $3,000.00
v. Vietnamese Student Association - VSA Raising Cane's Fundraiser - 10/25/18 - $377.73
w. Vietnamese Student Association - VSA Banh Mi Che Cali Fundraiser - 10/18/18 - $828.16
x. Association for Computing Machinery - ACM Pizza Fundraiser - 10/24/18 - $201.83
y. Association for Computing Machinery - ACM Coding Interview - 10/18/18, 10/25/18, 11/1/18, 11/8/18, & 11/15/18 - $171.21
z. Food Science and Technology Club - Fundraiser - 10/15/18 - $183.37
a. ASI Vice Chair for Finance: Lily Nguyen
b. ASI Vice President for Finance: Aaron Castaneda
Regularly Meets On:
The Funding Sub-committee is a sub-committee of the Finance Committee, hereafter referred to as the Funding Committee.
- A. This committee is only granted the Authority for Allocations. This sole authority of taking action on funding proposals is referenced in Article IV, Section 1, of the Finance Committee Code of Procedure - Policy 201.
- B. As is the nature of a sub-committee; the Finance Committee, and ultimately the Board of Directors (BOD), have the power to reverse or change any action, or supplement for any lack of action, taken in this committee.
What is the composition of the Funding Committee?
The Funding Committee shall be composed of nine (9) voting members and six (6) non-voting members.
- A. ASI Vice Chair for Finance (V.C.F.) (Committee Chair)
- B. ASIVice President for Finance (V.P.F.)
- C. ASIPresident
- D. Diversity and Inclusion Officer
- E. Two members of the BOD appointed by the ASI President with majority consent of the BOD
- F. Three students recommended by the ASI Vice President for Finance to the ASI President with majority consent of the BOD (non - ASI BOD)
- G. ASI Executive Director (non-voting)
- H. ASI Office Manager (non-voting)
- I. University Dean of Students or designee (non-voting)
- J. Center for Student Involvement (C.S.I.) representative (non-voting)
- K. CFO of the University or designee (non-voting)
- L. UAS representative or designee (non-voting)
What does the Finance Committee do?
It shall be the purpose and function of the Funding Committee to:
- A. Act as the first step in a multi-level approval process in requests for appropriation of Associated Students, Inc. (ASI) funds in accordance with these Codes, the ASI Administrative Manual, and the ASI Bylaws.
- B. Maintain a transparent and efficient funding process for the distribution of ASI funds.