Date / Time:
- Call to Order
- Roll Call
- Concerns from the Floor
- Intent to Raise Questions
- Adoption of Agenda for Thursday, January 24, 2019
- Adoption of Minutes for Thursday, November 8, 2018
Public Forum: This time is allotted to members of the public to address the Council.
Reports (3 minutes each)
- Vice President for Academic Governance
- Academic Senators
- Committee Representatives
- Shared Governance COP - Policy 023 - The Council will review final edits and take action.
- Open Deliberation: The Council will discuss OD and assign roles to help facilitate the event.
- College Curriculum Committees: The college representatives will update the Council on their efforts regarding spaces for students on college curriculum committees.
- College-Specific Committees Recruitment: The Council will discuss strategies to recruit students for college-specific committees.
- Internal Communication: The Council will brainstorm strategies in effort to better the communication between ASI units and increase familiarity with the functions of each area.
Regularly Meets On:
The purpose and function of the Shared Governance Council (SGC) of the Associated Students, Inc. (ASI) of California State University, Los Angeles.
- A. Review, research and make recommendations on, but not limited to, Academic and Administrative policy affecting students.
- B. Maintain active communication to the student body regarding but not limited to Academic and Administrative Affairs by creating resolutions, white papers, utilizing media outlets etc.
- C. Work with all appropriate areas in order to ensure that genuine Shared Governance is being upheld between students, faculty, and administration. These areas include but are not limited to: ASI College Representatives, Department Chairs, Students, etc.
- D. Create annual assessments for the student success fee and any student fee the council deems appropriate to ensure effective and ethical use of student fees.
- E. Create assessments ascertaining the quality of service offered to students that the council finds appropriate.
What is the composition of the SGC?
Shared Governance Council membership:
- A. Vice President for Academic Governance (VPAG) (chair, non-voting)
- B. ASI Academic Senators (3 Undergraduates, 2 Post -Baccalaureates) (one of which shall be appointed vice-chair at the first or second meeting of the SGC)
- C. Student Representatives appointed by the BOD to all University and Academic Senate Committees and Subcommittees
- D. All official ASI Board members that are required to sit on a University or Academic Senate Committee or Subcommittee
- E. Faculty Appointee (one faculty member selected by the Committee on Committees of the Academic Senate, non-voting committee advisor)
- F. The Provost or the Provost's designee (non-voting committee advisor)