Date / Time:
- Call to Order
- Roll Call
- Approval of Agenda for Thursday, March 14, 2019
- Approval of Minutes for Thursday, February 28, 2019
Public Forum: This time is allotted for the public to make announcements and/or address the Board.
Special Presentation (time certain 3:30 pm): Provost Mahoney will discuss modifications to the Admissions Proposal and the impact of a one-year moratorium.
- Cal State LA Impaction (time certain 4 pm): The Board will take action in consideration of the student and faculty call for a one-year moratorium.
Appointments to ASI and Campus Committee Positions: The Board will appoint individuals to the following:
ASI Internal Cabinets/Committees
- Public Relations & Marketing Commissioner: Candidate Andrew Blanco
- Finance Committee Member: Candidate Weizhi Kong
- Election Committee Member: Candidate Briana Morales
- Election Committee Member: Candidate Steven Garcia
- Election Committee Member: Candidate Nia Johnson
- Election Committee Member: Candidate Andres Ortiz
- Enrollment Task Force: ASI President (or designee) and one (1) ASI Undergraduate Senator
- ASI Internal Cabinets/Committees
- Finance Policy 205: The Board will approve the ASI Asset Management Policy.
- Grant-In-Aid: The Board will approve amendments to GIA processing and procedure.
- Service Hour Proposal: The Board will discuss the ASI Service Hour Proposal.
- ASI Resolution: The Board will discuss a resolution in regards to Enrollment Management and the Admissions Proposal.
- April CSSA Plenary Meeting: The Board will discuss volunteer opportunities and expected participation in the upcoming CSSA Plenary Meeting at Cal State LA.
- Transition Folders: The Board will discuss the upcoming expectations and deadlines for the transition folders, including ways to enhance the process.
- Annual Evaluations: The Board will be briefed on the full-time staff Performance Appraisal process and deadline to submit feedback.
- Environmental Commissioner Update: The Environmental Commissioner will brief the Board on recent progress in campus sustainability and environmental awareness efforts.
- State of Affairs: The Secretary/Treasurer will remind the Board about the upcoming submission deadline.
- ASI President: Nia Johnson
- ASI VP for Finance: Aaron Castaneda
- ASI VP for Academic Governance: Jacquelyn Acosta
- ASI VP for External Affairs and Advancement: Veronica Garcia-Martinez
- ASI Secretary/Treasurer: David Sans
- ASI Board of Directors
- ASI Interim Executive Director: Marcus A. Rodriguez
- University Designee: Carol Roberts-Corb
Regularly Meets On:
The purposes and function of the Board of Directors (BOD) shall:
- Act as a governing board for the ASI
- Act as a steward to the student funds
- Act as a learning laboratory for student leadership
The Board of Directors shall consist of the following directors elected by the Cal State LA student body, as specified in Article IV of the ASI Bylaws.
- ASI President
- ASI Vice President for Administration (VPA)
- ASI Vice President for Finance (VPF)
- ASI Vice President for Academic Governance (VPAG)
- ASI Vice President for External Affairs and Advancement (VPEAA)
- ASI Secretary/Treasurer
- ASI Diversity and Inclusion Officer - Representative-at-Large
- ASI Civic Engagement Officer - Representative-at-Large
- Two (2) College of Arts & Letters Representatives
- Two (2) College of Business & Economics Representatives
- Two (2) Charter College of Education Representatives
- Two (2) College of Engineering, Computer Science, & Technology Representatives
- Two (2) Rongxiang Xu College of Health & Human Services Representatives
- Two (2) College of Natural & Social Sciences Representatives
For more information regarding the role and function of the Board of Directors please review Policy 002 - Board of Directors Code of Procedure see below