Date / Time:
- Call to Order
- Roll Call
- Approval of Agenda for Thursday, May 3, 2019
- Approval of Minutes for March 28, March 29 and April 18, 2019
Public Forum: This time is allotted for members of the public to make announcements and/or address the Board.
- Full-Time Staff Performance Appraisals: The committee will review staff evaluations and take action. (Closed Session Item) Time Certain 3:20 PM
- Auxiliary Organization Audit Services Selection: The committee will take action on the Finance Committee's recommendation to have CohnReznick be the organization's new external auditor.
- Transition Folders: The Board will discuss expectations and the upcoming deadlines for the transition folders.
Proposed 2019/2020 Operating Budget: The committee will review the proposed 2019/2020 operating budget as voted on by the ASI Finance Committee.
- Diversity and Inclusion Task Force: The Committee will discuss a proposed Code of Procedure for a Diversity and Inclusion Taskforce, Chaired by the Diversity & Inclusion Officer, with representation from student resource centers.
- ASI Resolution: The Board will discuss next steps for the Resolution of No Confidence
- ASI President: Nia Johnson
- ASI VP for Finance: Aaron Castaneda
- ASI VP for Academic Governance: Jacquelyn Acosta
- ASI VP for External Affairs and Advancement: Veronica Garcia-Martinez
- ASI Secretary/Treasurer: David Sans
- ASI Board of Directors
- ASI Interim Executive Director: Marcus A. Rodriguez
- University Designee: Carol Roberts-Corb
Regularly Meets On:
The purposes and function of the Board of Directors (BOD) shall:
- Act as a governing board for the ASI
- Act as a steward to the student funds
- Act as a learning laboratory for student leadership
The Board of Directors shall consist of the following directors elected by the Cal State LA student body, as specified in Article IV of the ASI Bylaws.
- ASI President
- ASI Vice President for Administration (VPA)
- ASI Vice President for Finance (VPF)
- ASI Vice President for Academic Governance (VPAG)
- ASI Vice President for External Affairs and Advancement (VPEAA)
- ASI Secretary/Treasurer
- ASI Diversity and Inclusion Officer - Representative-at-Large
- ASI Civic Engagement Officer - Representative-at-Large
- Two (2) College of Arts & Letters Representatives
- Two (2) College of Business & Economics Representatives
- Two (2) Charter College of Education Representatives
- Two (2) College of Engineering, Computer Science, & Technology Representatives
- Two (2) Rongxiang Xu College of Health & Human Services Representatives
- Two (2) College of Natural & Social Sciences Representatives
For more information regarding the role and function of the Board of Directors please review Policy 002 - Board of Directors Code of Procedure see below