Regularly Meets On:
2nd and 4th week; Thursdays, 9:25 am-10:40 am
*Please check meeting list to confirm times and locations
Chair: Jamil Momand
Executive Secretary: Laila Asgari
The Fiscal Policy Committee has the following responsibilities:
- To provide recommendations through Senate channels regarding areas that may warrant emphasis in the budget planning and allocation process.
- To review the President's annual budget initiation memorandum prior to the President's consultation with the Executive Committee of the Academic Senate. Information on budgetary issues will be provided to the Executive Committee.
- To review the proposed annual academic affairs budget with the Provost and Vice President for Academic Affairs. Prospective policy recommendations will be provided to the Senate and subsequently to the President.
- To review, as appropriate, the fiscal implications of pertinent planning documents, including tactical plans.
- To review and make recommendations regarding local fees that have university-wide impact.
- To provide advice through Senate channels concerning campus physical planning and development and, as appropriate, the maintenance of physical facilities.
- To review and make other policy recommendations concerning the optimum utilization of resources in the achievement of university academic objectives.
A.S.I. Committee Goals and Expectations
- To ensure accountability and transparency within the University budget and allocation of funds
- To ensure that student-based programs receive adequate funding through the University budget
- Create policy that ensures the maximum utilization of University resources
Last modified on September 27, 2018