Date / Time:
I. Organizational Items
- Call to Order
- Roll Call
- Approval of Agenda for Thursday, November 15, 2018
- Approval of Minutes for Thursday, November 1, 2018
II. Public Forum - This time is allotted for members of the public to address the Board.
III. Special Presentation:
- The Board will receive a special presentation from Dr. Karin Brown, Associate Vice President and Dean of Office of Graduate Studies.
IV. Action Items
Appointment for Vacant ASI and Campus Committee Positions: The Board will appoint individuals to the following vacant ASI and student committee positions.
- ASI Board of Directors Appointment(s)
Internal Committee Appointment(s)
- ASI Environmental Policy Committee Application - Otgonbayar
- ASI Strategic Planning Committee Application - Rios
- ASI Lobby Corps Appointment Update
- University-wide Committee Appointment(s)
- Statement Approval - The Board will review and approve of the statement in support of victims of Thousand Oaks shooting and fellow CSU campus' impacted by recent fires.
- Policy Amendments - The Board will take action on the following policy amendments recommended by the Bylaws Committee.
V. Information Items
- CSSA Report - The Vice President for External Affairs and Advancement will update the Board on the recent CSSA Plenary Meeting.
- Referendum Petition Update - The Vice President for Finance will update the Board on the status of the ASI Petition.
- LeaderShape - The Board will receive a reminder of the leadership training opportunity and deadline.
- Housing Winter Break - The Board will discuss the winter break policy and fee.
VI. Discussion Items
- Pizza with the President: The Board will discuss the President's Priority Issue List in anticipation for Pizza with the President.
- ASI President Nia Johnson
- ASI VP for Administration: vacant
- ASI VP for Finance: Aaron Castaneda
- ASI VP for Academic Governance: Jacquelyn Acosta
- ASI VP for External Affairs and Advancement: Veronica Garcia-Martinez
- ASI Secretary/Treasurer: David Sans
- ASI Board of Directors
- ASI Staff: Marcus A. Rodriguez, Interim Executive Director
- University Designee: Dr. Jennifer Miller, Dean of Students
Regularly Meets On:
The purposes and function of the Board of Directors (BOD) shall:
- Act as a governing board for the ASI
- Act as a steward to the student funds
- Act as a learning laboratory for student leadership
The Board of Directors shall consist of the following directors elected by the Cal State LA student body, as specified in Article IV of the ASI Bylaws.
- ASI President
- ASI Vice President for Administration (VPA)
- ASI Vice President for Finance (VPF)
- ASI Vice President for Academic Governance (VPAG)
- ASI Vice President for External Affairs and Advancement (VPEAA)
- ASI Secretary/Treasurer
- ASI Diversity and Inclusion Officer - Representative-at-Large
- ASI Civic Engagement Officer - Representative-at-Large
- Two (2) College of Arts & Letters Representatives
- Two (2) College of Business & Economics Representatives
- Two (2) Charter College of Education Representatives
- Two (2) College of Engineering, Computer Science, & Technology Representatives
- Two (2) Rongxiang Xu College of Health & Human Services Representatives
- Two (2) College of Natural & Social Sciences Representatives
For more information regarding the role and function of the Board of Directors please review Policy 002 - Board of Directors Code of Procedure see below