Date / Time:
- Call to Order
- Roll Call
- Adoption of Agenda for Tuesday, February 19, 2019
- Approval of Minutes for Tuesday, February 5, 2019
Public Forum/Announcement: This time is allotted for members of the public or representatives to make announcements to the executive committee members.
- 6&6 Budget Review: The committee will take action on the proposed 6&6 Budget Review.
- ASI Referendum: The Committee will receive an ASI referendum update and discuss ways to revamp our signature efforts.
- Special Presentation (time certain 5 p.m.): Cal State Fullerton Graduate Student Liz Sanchez will present dynamic ways for student governments to engage and support student voice and student civil disobedience.
- Policy 007: The Committee will discuss potential amendments to the ASI Director Agreement
- Policy 025: The Committee will discuss potential amendments to the Performance Expectations and Management Procedure.
- Policy 009: The Committee will discuss potential amendments to enhance ASI eligibility.
- Policy 018: Based on recommendations from Chair of the Cabinet of College Representatives, the Committee will discuss potential amendments to that Cabinet's Code of Procedure.
- Diversity and Inclusion Sub-Committee: The Committee will discuss establishing a committee, Chaired by the Diversity & Inclusion Officer, with representation from student resource centers.
- ASI response to Enrollment Growth Challenges: The Committee will discuss ASI advocacy efforts in response to Cal State LA's enrollment growth challenges.
- Board of Directors Agenda: The Committee will discuss potential discussion items for the next BOD.
- ASI President: Nia Johnson
- ASI Vice President of Administration: Matthew Keels
- ASI Vice President of Finance: Aaron Castaneda
- ASI Vice President of Academic Governance: Jacquelyn Acosta
- ASI Vice President of External Affairs and Advancement: Veronica Garcia- Martinez
- ASI Secretary Treasurer: David San
- ASI Board of Directors
- Interim Executive Director: Marcus A. Rodriguez
Regularly Meets On:
The Executive Committee coordinates the information, programs, projects, and problems to be considered by the Associated Students, Inc. Board of Directors. The Executive Committee shall also provide general policy guidelines, and make specific policy decisions, in place of the entire Board of Directors only when the BOD cannot be called together to act on an emergency matter.
All policy decisions of the Executive Committee shall be reported to the BOD and may be overturned by a two-thirds (2/3) vote of the BOD present at the meeting.
The Executive Committee shall be composed of eight (8) voting and four (4) non-voting members.
- A. ASI President, who shall serve as chair
- B. ASI Vice President for Administration (VPA), who shall serve as vice-chair
- C. ASI Vice President for Finance (VPF)
- D. ASI Vice President for Academic Governance (VPAG)
- E. ASI Vice President for External Affairs and Advancement (VPEAA)
- F. ASI Secretary/Treasurer
- G. Three (3) members of the BOD appointed by the ASI President with a simple majority consent
- of the BOD
- G. ASI Executive Director (non-voting)
- H. ASI Office Manager (recording secretary) (non-voting)
- I. ASI Director of Government Affairs & Leadership Programs (non-voting)
- J. University President or designee (non-voting)