Date / Time:
I. Organizational Items
a. Call to Order
b. Roll Call
c. Adoption of Agenda for Thursday March 19, 2020
II. Public Forum/Announcements
This time is allotted for the public to address the Board regarding items not included on the meeting agenda. Speaker cards are available for those wanting to speak on agenda items as listed below. Those comments will be heard as the item is introduced.
III. Informational Items
a. ASI Elections
b. ASI Elections Timeline
IV. Discussion Items
a. Elections Committee Member Roles
a. Elections and Outreach Commissioner
Regularly Meets On:
The purpose and function of the ASI General Elections Committee is to:
- Market ASI and successfully recruit new members throughout the year but especially for the spring general elections.
- Recommend the dates and times for all ASI Elections to the BOD.
- Assist the VPA and Elections and Orientations Commissioner with organizing and marketing every aspect of the general elections process.
- Develop an Elections Packet with a candidate's application for office for distribution at opening of the filing period.
- Publicize notices of filing dates and vacant offices with their descriptions and qualifications, as prescribed by the Elections Code.
What is the composition of the ASI General Election Commission Committee?
- The Commission shall be composed of the Elections & Orientation Commissioner and three (3) Marketing/Election Commission members who are identified as regular members of the Associated Students Inc. (Article 1, Section 3, Clause 1 of the A.S.I. Bylaws).
- The remaining committee members shall be recommended by the Elections & Orientation Commissioner to the ASI President, and shall be recommended for approval by a 2/3 majority of the B.O.D.
Duties and Responsibilities
- For more information go to Administrative Governing Policies 000-022 and review Policy 004 Elections Committee Codes of Procedures.