The Graphics Design and Production Assistant is responsible for assisting with the planning, design, promotion, and distribution of ASI Marketing Resources. Additionally assist in production and scheduling for ASI events and programming.
SPECIFIC ABILITIES, SKILLS AND/OR KNOWLEDGE REQUIRED
- Must be knowledgeable of design fundamentals such as: layout, color theory, and typography.
- Must have Knowledge of Adobe software such as Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign Acrobat.
- Knowledgeable of print procedures preferred
- Strong communication, time management, and critical thinking skills
- Event planning experience
- Perform routine clerical work
- Print & Scan knowledge is required.
- Strong organizational skills and very detailed oriented
- Physical activities on a regular basis a must, including campus-wide posting
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office
- A working portfolio is required.
- Assist in the creation and development of ASI advertisement and promotional campaigns.
- Assist with ASI Marketing Distribution Plan.
- Assist in print production such as binding, trimming and mounting.
- Perform effective customer service, to include answering telephones.
- Maintain a clean and safe work environment.
- Maintain strict adherence to safety procedures.
- Assist in the planning, and execution, of major programs and events.
- Assist in event venue reservations and associated permit requests.
- Maintain the ASI Bulletin Board and unit storage area.
- Perform and attend events as assigned.
- Assist with recruitment of volunteer opportunities for Cal State LA students in ASI.
- Attend bi-weekly staff meetings.
- Other duties as assigned.