Date / Time:
I. Organizational Items
a. Call to Order
b. Roll Call (Establishment of Quorum)
c. Approval of Agenda for Friday, October 12, 2018
d. Approval of Minutes for Friday, September 28, 2018
e. Approval of Funding Committee Report for Friday, October 5, 2018
II. Public Comment - Public comment is intended as a time for any member of the public to address the committee on any issues affecting ASI and/or Cal State LA. I
II. Action Items:
a. Latin American Studies - Liberated Futures: Colloquium on Central America Caribbean - 11/29/18-11/30/18 - $3,000.00
b. Policy 216 - Procurement & Purchasing: The committee will review and take action on the following proposed edits on the Procurement and Purchasing Policy.
c. Policy 222 - Movie Theatre & Amusement Park Ticket Procedures: The committee will review and take action on the following proposed edits to combine Policy 222 and Policy 223 together.
IV. Discussion Items:
a. Policy 210 - Request for Payment or Purchase Order (RPP): The committee will review and discuss the following proposed edits on the RPP & Purchase Order Policy.
b. 3&9 Budget Review: The committee will review a draft of the 3&9 Budget Review and supporting detail.
c. ASI Referendum 2019: The committee will receive and update on the current status of the referendum and the timeline
a. ASI Vice President for Finance: Aaron Castañeda
|Policy 216 Procurement Policy (rev 10.08.18)||106.41 KB|
|Policy 222 - ASI ASI Ticket Program (rev 10.10.18)||64.07 KB|
|Latin American Studies 11.29-11.30.18||5.86 MB|
|Funding Sub-Committee Report 10.05.18||185.97 KB|
|Finance Committee Meeting Minutes 09.28.18||235.84 KB|
|ASI 2018-19 3&9 Budget Review 10.12.18||112.37 KB|
|Adm. 2018-19- Proposed 3&9 Budget Review||58.92 KB|
|Student Gov. 2018-19- Proposed 3&9 Budget Review||137.49 KB|
|Student & University Support 2018-19- Proposed 3&9 Budget Review||95.06 KB|
|ASI Credit Card Procurement Report||245.45 KB|
Regularly Meets On:
The Finance Committees acts on behalf of the BOD in all matters pertaining to income appropriation, and the safeguarding of Associated Students, Inc. funds. The Finance Committee makes recommendations to the Board of Directors regarding allocation of funds. The committee also prepares an annual budget which must be submitted to the Associated Students, Inc. BOD in sufficient time for review and approval in accordance with Article VI, Section 4 of these Bylaws. The Finance Committee also has the responsibility for recommending the most appropriate investments.
What is the composition of the Finance Committee?
- The Finance Committee is composed of 14 voting members and 4 non-voting members. You may use this application to apply for the following positions:
- ASI Vice Chair for Finance (V.C.F.)
- Four student (recommended by the V.P. for Finance to the ASI President with a simple majority consent of the BOD)
What does the Finance Committee do?
It shall be the purpose and function of the Finance Committee to:
- Make recommendations to the BOD regarding allocation of funds.
- Prepare an annual budget which must be submitted to the Associated Students, Inc. B.O.D. in sufficient time for review and approval in accordance with Article VI, Section 4 of the Bylaws.
- Develop a balanced ASI Annual Budget for approval by both the B.O.D., and the University President no less than sixty (60) days prior to the end of the fiscal year.
Duties and Responsibilities
For more information go to our website Finance Policies and Procedures 200-225 and review Policy 201 Finance Committee Code of Procedure.