Date / Time:
I. Organizational Items
- Call to Order
- Roll Call
- Approval of Agenda for Tuesday, November 6, 2018
- Approval of Minutes for Tuesday, October 23, 2018
II. Public Forum
- This time is allotted for members of the public to address the committee.
III. Information Items
- Senior Programs Coordinator Position Update: The Committee will receive an update on the status of the Senior Programs Coordinator search process.
- Executive Director Hiring Timeline: The Committee will be notified of the edits made to the Executive Director Hiring Timeline.
IV. Discussion Items
- Evaluations: The Committee will discuss the findings of the Mid-year evaluations (Closed Session Item)
- Potential Salary Increases: The Personnel Committee will review and discuss a potential salary increase retroactive to the Interim Executive Director position. (Closed Session Item)
- Potential Compensation for University Support: The Personnel Committee will review and discuss possible monetary compensation for Betty Kennedy and Frangelo Ayran. (Closed Session Item)
- Project Lists: The Committee will review full-time staff project lists.
- Executive Director Position Description: The Committee will review and take action on the recommended changes to the Executive Director Position Description.
V. Action Items:
- ASI President: Nia Johnson
|Personnel Committee Meeting Minutes - 10.23.18 (Draft)||86.37 KB|
|Available Hours - Betty Kennedy||32.16 KB|
|Available Hours - Frangelo Ayran||79.67 KB|
|ASI Executive Director (Draft Position Description)||102.46 KB|
|ASI Senior Coordinator - Search Timeline||96.12 KB|
|November Project List - Dena Florez||93.17 KB|
|November Project List - Gus Salazar||80.09 KB|
|November Project List - Marcus A Rodriguez||156.78 KB|
|Timeline ED Hiring||55.29 KB|
Regularly Meets On:
The Personnel Committee shall act on behalf of the BOD in all matters concerning employees of the corporation. Such actions shall be in accordance with Title V of the Administrative Code of the State of California, Policies and Directives of the Board of Trustees of the California State University and Colleges, Policies of the University, the Articles of Incorporation, and the ASI Bylaws.
The Personnel Committee makes recommendations to the BOD regarding hiring employees, dismissing employees, establishing policies regarding employee benefits, responsibilities, compensation, and grievance procedures.
The Personnel Committee shall make annual recommendations to the BOD on personnel matters involving any changes in the level of budgetary support. The Personnel Committee shall conduct, on a semi-annual basis, a review of the performances of the full-time employees.
The Personnel Committee shall be composed of eight (8) voting and five (5) non-voting members.
- A. ASI Vice President for Administration, who shall serve as chair
- B. ASI President
- C. ASI Vice President for Academic Governance
- D. ASI Vice President for Finance
- E. ASI Vice President for External Affairs and Advancement
- F. ASI Secretary/Treasurer
- G. Two (2) members of the BOD appointed by the ASI President with a simple majority consent of the BOD
- H. ASI Executive Director (non-voting)
- I. ASI Director of Government Affairs & Leadership Programs (non-voting)
- J. ASI Office Manager for Administration and Services (recording secretary) (non-voting)
- K. A representative from the University's Office of Human Resources Management (non-voting)
- L. University President or designee (non-voting)